Today I, Bollocks.....

Hello Nick

People think it has gone away?

Spain was strange there were people putting masks when they came out of buildings and empty streets!

Or man and wife in shop one with one without? (seperate rooms/houses?)

We relied on vaccinations and VINO plus Tapas (seems to have worked)

But them we were not in brits areas!

Roger

ps hope you are over it soon

DSC03483.JPG

Something you don’t see every day…..

4CA8A21A-13E7-4FF4-A2A1-1D19563F9885.jpeg

yes…. It is a small bat, pipistrelle I assume, in our toilet.

Presumably came in through the window and crashed…..

No idea how long the poor wee bugger was in there but, surprisingly it’s alive, and after a bit of a blow over with a hairdryer has been put in a cloth lined box in the airing cupboard to warm up…..

• Like 2

Seems to be in better condition than expected. Has escaped the box and was found sleeping peacefully hanging upside down from the edge of  a towel.

625BF241-CAB7-41F0-AD6F-48A951064EA2.jpeg

Now looks considerably fluffier than when first met!

The irony of playing host to a bat while also acting as a host for Covid has not escaped me….. the universe has a bizarre sense of humour!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Martin said:

Works in a Kindergarden.

That's the Covid frontline right there  :blink:

5 hours ago, Hamish said:

good deed indeed saving the bat.

Well, hopefully.

The time approaches when I have negotiate it with as to whether it would like to rejoin the wild..... seems real comfortable in the airing cupboard right now (though by reckoning it should be wanting to get to work on the bug hunting). Don't really want it flapping about the house

So, went and woke it up. 

D6810547-322F-43BF-8548-52EEC8410F85.jpeg

Offered it a drink, which appeared to be accepted.

8DB3396C-49CE-411A-B08F-BE61193CEABC.jpeg

Then offered it the opportunity to leave, For which very little enthusiasm was shown, so we then offered it pate (in the absence of the recommended cat food), at which point it launched into the air (probably the garlic!) and did a few laps of the bathroom before finding the open window. 

Hopefully it’ll survive. Must be pretty tough to have survived the initial dunking - must have been in there a while.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnD said:

in the Covid circumstances!

Hopefully I've not given it Covid...... :tongue: 

I'm ok-ish now. Even found the energy to mow the grass earlier (ride-on!) though I had to have a nap after......

Bit throaty and snotty now, but no loss of taste, unlike the first time when I had no respiratory symptoms at all but lost taste for several days.

10 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Hopefully I've not given it Covid...... :tongue: 

It might be the other way around....

"The UK has been rabies-free since the beginning of the 20th century, except for a rabies-like virus in a small number of wild bats.    The risk of human infection from bats is thought to be low. People who regularly handle bats are most at risk.  There's only been 1 recorded case of someone catching rabies from a bat in the UK."   Rabies - NHS (www.nhs.uk)

I know, I'm such a comforter!