Updates...

GT6MK3

• 7 months later...

System may be a little slow today.  I loaded a security update that needed a complete reindex, and will need some tweaking over the next few days.

Just over 10 years now since we moved to this platform.  Thanks go to everyone who’s contributed to keeping it running. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Our software suppliers notified today me of an urgent security update to patch a vunerability their internal security team had identified.

Logged in

Hit update.  

Watched the update install.

#Secured.

Thankyou to everyone who's hit the "Donate" button, made keeping the site safe easy, and kept Sideways up and secure.  If you've ever wondered why we don't suffer from spam, bots, and advertising, it's down to the good software that our supporters pay for.  Thank you all!

Craig.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Thankyou to everyone who's hit the "Donate" button, made keeping the site safe easy, and kept Sideways up and secure.  If you've ever wondered why we don't suffer from spam, bots, and advertising, it's down to the good software that our supporters pay for.  Thank you all!

Craig.

If I may say so, software is worth nothing without the skill and expertise of our Webmaster.   Thank you, Craig!

John

On 4/13/2022 at 2:11 PM, GT6MK3 said:

Our software suppliers notified today me of an urgent security update to patch a vunerability their internal security team had identified.

Logged in

Hit update.  

Watched the update install.

#Secured.

Craig.

Craig, I don't know if it is just me, but the forum has slowed to a crawl?

When I press to go into sub-topic or post, it is taking quite a while before the page opens. Once it opens it loads fast enough, it is just the waiting until it decides to load.

Phil

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Blah blah, updated stuff tonight, blah blah, thankyou to the supporters that make it possible, blah blah, let me know if stuff breaks.

Interestingly (for me), new defenses against spammers, so some of the stuff that currently stays hidden from plain view might get mitigated.  Fingers crossed...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1