Today I, Bollocks.....

1 hour ago, GT6MK3 said:

Xmas came early today…

IMG_7984.jpeg

7940 grams with pedals.  Cost more than any motorbike I’ve owned, and I’ve bought 5 cars and 5 vans that were cheaper.

Lightness ain’t cheap!

Nice!

But……. Yeah….. high-end bikes are fearsome expensive……

I think I may have posted a pic before of Steven’s £1000 car doing team-car duty in France with about £60k of bikes on its roof……:blink:

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

Not mine, someone else's "Oh, Bollocks".   This was on the Facebook page of Travel Scotland:

image.png.6ee4d554dcc182ba4a50c01aea7e7ecd.png

As someone else has pointed out, the true translation is, "You're not in Scotland, idiot" because that view is of Lysevegen, Norway.

It originated on the "Travel Scotland Goals Group", which is entirely parody. The number of people who miss this fact however is beyond staggering..........

The original description had this as Bealach na Bà going up the side of Loch Ness. I then commented and pointed out this is wrong, as everyone knows the Bealach na Bà goes up the side of Loch Lomond, and if this were Loch Ness you would be able to see Edinburgh at the far end. I've had multiple people seriously try and explain to me where Edinburgh actually is. Humour is lacking in fair chunk of the online community :blink:

Edited by thebrookster

I've been somewhat pre-occupied with festive period preparations. At current standings, I'm hosting 11 for Christmas and 13 for New Year.

To add to the Today, I bollocks saga, I foolishly decided that we would have goose for the Christmas meal. I eventually sourced said goose from a butchers in London, and you really do not want to know the price of the darn thing! Killing the golden goose is obviously a thing after all.............

2 hours ago, thebrookster said:

The original description had this as Bealach na Bà going up the side of Loch Ness. I then commented and pointed out this is wrong, as everyone knows the Bealach na Bà goes up the side of Loch Lomond, and if this were Loch Ness you would be able to see Edinburgh at the far end. I've had multiple people seriously try and explain to me where Edinburgh actually is. Humour is lacking in fair chunk of the online community :blink:

:laugh:

2 hours ago, thebrookster said:

To add to the Today, I bollocks saga, I foolishly decided that we would have goose for the Christmas meal. I eventually sourced said goose from a butchers in London, and you really do not want to know the price of the darn thing! Killing the golden goose is obviously a thing after all.......

Nice flavour in a goose. Long time since I had one but your story reminds me of the time my Dad decided we should have one for Christmas. Seemed like such a good idea until be thing arrived still wearing its factory fitted goosedown coat. :blink:

Edited by Escadrille Ecosse

Ah! There's goose.... and then there's swan!

You know about the guy who shot a golden eagle. He was in court in front of a magistrate.

The magistrate said: "This is a dreadful thing".

He said: "I never intended to. I was shooting pheasants and it flew into my line of fire."

The magistrate said, "Okay. Out of interest, what did you do with it?"

He said: "I ate it."

The magistrate said: "Good god, what did it taste like?"

He replied: "Rather like swan."

Credit, the Late, Great and Irreplaceable, Barry Cryer.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JohnD said:

Ah! There's goose.... and then there's swan!

You know about the guy who shot a golden eagle. He was in court in front of a magistrate.

The magistrate said: "This is a dreadful thing".

He said: "I never intended to. I was shooting pheasants and it flew into my line of fire."

The magistrate said, "Okay. Out of interest, what did you do with it?"

He said: "I ate it."

The magistrate said: "Good god, what did it taste like?"

He replied: "Rather like swan."

Credit, the Late, Great and Irreplaceable, Barry Cryer.

Great joke that.... :laugh:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, thebrookster said:

I foolishly decided that we would have goose for the Christmas meal. I eventually sourced said goose from a butchers in London, and you really do not want to know the price of the darn thing! Killing the golden goose is obviously a thing after all.............

Surely there must be a swan or two locally? :tongue:

Prefer my Xmas dinner to be a nice chunk of beef….. though this year I understand turkey will also be on offer. Only 10 of us….

19 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Xmas came early today…

IMG_7984.jpeg

7940 grams with pedals.  Cost more than any motorbike I’ve owned, and I’ve bought 5 cars and 5 vans that were cheaper.

Lightness ain’t cheap!

very nice early Christmas pressy!

That is a very thin cross bar.

So what are you going to use it for? They look like very heavy duty tyres, more suitable for British put holed roads!

12 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Prefer my Xmas dinner to be a nice chunk of beef….. though this year I understand turkey will also be on offer. Only 10 of us….

We are going to SIL this year, first time in 33 years. Think we will have to take our own chairs.

Boxing day at ours, Pulled Pork which we have done on and off for 20 years, always popular. But only 9 of us. Pre covid it was double that. 2 have gone, and my sisters family have grown,  as has ours, so things are restarting. Sad in some ways, but the future is bright. I like Christmas.

5 hours ago, mpbarrett said:

That is a very thin cross bar.

So what are you going to use it for? They look like very heavy duty tyres, more suitable for British put holed roads!

It’s pretty aggressively built for an endurance bike.

Current road bike is an older model of the same series, but the rim brakes don’t inspire confidence, and the alloy wheels are comparatively heavy.

Tyres are stock, but 32 tubeless seems to be the new 25-28 tubed.  I’m fascinated to see if the extra contact patch is worth the  rolling resistance increase.

I’m hoping this will be a good fast commuter that I can expand my endurance and climbing abilities on, and is able to handle light gravel (and the occasionally crappy local roads.).  I’ll probably sell my Revolt and let loose the new Defy on the really light gravel tracks that join up the good trails round Melbourne.

Off to Bright for our annual stay next week, I’ll be able to test it on a range of surfaces up there and hopefully get a chance to do some serious miles to figure out where it fits in my plans.  

Might even commit to another 365 in 365 photo thread.

First new bike I’ve bought since I was 16.  That one took a year of saving, and 41 years later this one’s eaten 12 months worth of discretionary spend…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

It’s pretty aggressively built for an endurance bike.

Current road bike is an older model of the same series, but the rim brakes don’t inspire confidence, and the alloy wheels are comparatively heavy.

Tyres are stock, but 32 tubeless seems to be the new 25-28 tubed.  I’m fascinated to see if the extra contact patch is worth the  rolling resistance increase.

I’m hoping this will be a good fast commuter that I can expand my endurance and climbing abilities on, and is able to handle light gravel (and the occasionally crappy local roads.).  I’ll probably sell my Revolt and let loose the new Defy on the really light gravel tracks that join up the good trails round Melbourne.

Off to Bright for our annual stay next week, I’ll be able to test it on a range of surfaces up there and hopefully get a chance to do some serious miles to figure out where it fits in my plans.  

Might even commit to another 365 in 365 photo thread.

First new bike I’ve bought since I was 16.  That one took a year of saving, and 41 years later this one’s eaten 12 months worth of discretionary spend…

Yup. Decent bikes are not cheap.

Was considering replacing my 'good' bike which is a few years old now but an equivelant is not that far of five figues so maybe hold off a bit yet :huh:

Enjoy

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

Saw this as an ad on YouTube.    The sight of some one's bum 'dripping' onto their back wheel would  hilarious!

TikTok!! Blimey John, you hanging with the young ones now?

Meanwhile....

In town yesterday doing some last minute Christmas shopping and this was parked over the road from the Evans bike shop on Hope Street. Dear Santa can I have mine in dark blue metallic please

20231221_141434.thumb.jpg.6ec041aa4e6c254936ba1b7be1d5d3ce.jpg

Then back home to find a kestrel in the back garden making a small dent in Glasgow's pigeon population. Good job there...

20231221_152817.thumb.jpg.44f7635180f5003b898aa4c2f6ca9e13.jpg

Edited by Escadrille Ecosse

2 hours ago, Escadrille Ecosse said:

TikTok!! Blimey John, you hanging with the young ones now?

Meanwhile....

In town yesterday doing some last minute Christmas shopping and this was parked over the road from the Evans bike shop on Hope Street. Dear Santa can I have mine in dark blue metallic please

20231221_141434.thumb.jpg.6ec041aa4e6c254936ba1b7be1d5d3ce.jpg

Then back home to find a kestrel in the back garden making a small dent in Glasgow's pigeon population. Good job there...

20231221_152817.thumb.jpg.44f7635180f5003b898aa4c2f6ca9e13.jpg

Glad to see the orange machines owner will have to cough up a little bit for his/her use of yellow line. Nice little ticket left by Santa no doubt.

Today I loaded up the ToyBox™️ and headed to Bright for a bit of decompression.

IMG_8023.jpeg

IMG_8025.jpeg

190kgs on the far left, and about 8kgs on the far right, the sweeping right handers needed to be treated with care. But the sweeping lefties were super stable.

Scary to think that one of the 2 wheelers is worth more than the rest combined, and it’s not the one that’s some of Honda’s finest ever work.

• Like 1