Spain Holiday

Hello All

This time next week we should be on the docks at Plymouth awaiting to board the ferry to Santander.

I am half excited and half terrified !!! (3 years since we last sailed)

But then I tell myself what could possibly go wrong its only a total trip of 2,000 miles and we did 5,000 miles in Spitty last year with no problems!

Here is a general map of the route but no dought we will go wandering off into the Bundo to find the interesting roads,castles etc.

Its funny how you seem to hear new noises when about to take a long trip? (paraniod what me? still the vino at night will help?)

Roger and the Memsahib

ps the Son has broken his right hand riding one of those dangerous mountain bike things and has got to have it pinned next Wednesday!!

image.thumb.png.4bec38e32be74a26132191a9ced4c621.pngps the Son has brok

looks like an excellent trip, love that part of Spain. Enjoy it and we need lots of photos..

I understand the slight apprehension, I am taking the Herald on the 10CR with my wife and feeling a bit nervous about it...what could possibly go wrong?

mike

Hello All 

We have just changed a hotel booking because they can not say they will save a space for Spitty at 15 euros a night so stuff them and go else where!!!

Booked a nice chalet with all mod cons for less and only 5 euros for Spitty and only 900m from centre ticks the boxes for us and we can have a snack tea then hit the town for Tappas and Vino (what is not to like?)

Roger and Memsahib (Vino tasters!)

DSC00001.JPG

• Like 1

Hello All

We have change our plans as the Memsahib has got a poorly right shoulder and this Dickhead fell over in the garage yesterday moving the Vitesse on his own!!!!(prat!) and now has a stiff right shoulder !!!

So we have shortened the trip by 3days and altered the route to suit and spending more time at a couple of places(its not a 10CR)

We both feel more relaxed about it now and probably acting our age!!(a last)

Plus we have shortened the mileage by about 400 over all(only about 1700 over all now Acting our age at last?)

But will still be a good trip and how many other couples do you know that do this sort of trip at 76.5 years old and the Memsahib a few less ?

Roger

image.thumb.png.ac9fb548ebc51d33d98306148423146c.png

Hello All

And thanks both I will hope to do a blog (what ever that is?) or lots of photos of nice places and a few words(we hope?)

I am going to jack Spitty up tomorrow as I have a bit of clutch judder and want to check that I have tightenend up all the bits on the gearbox mounting!(probably dasmaged the drive plate taking the g/box out?) 

Bugger as it is a good old stock one!!!!

Roger

DSC09476.JPG

Hello All

That's it we are off in the morning come rain or shine!

I have worked out the combined age of us and the car is 191 !!!!! (not sure which is in the best shape!)

Roger

ps I hope to keep you updated on the trip with photos.

We are hoping to see a few Castles and are staying in 2 walled towns (Lugo and Avila)

DSC09523.JPG

59 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

Have a good one - may the force be with you! :smile:

Hello Nick

I hope we do not have force anything!

Still Vino and Tapas does not need forcing!

Roger and the Memsahib

ps does anyone else take a small electric kettle onto the ferry to make tea?(saves some money for Vino and Tapas! we are not as daft as we are cabbage looking!)

DSC09962.JPG

DSC09597.JPG

Enjoy the trip Roger. 

Life is for living!  Post regular updates.

Hope you have plenty of top down, trouble free motoring, and make even more memories with Memsahib.  

C.

Hello All 

We have arrived at the 1st doss house and its 200 years old and only 4 stars!!!

Will give a write up tomorrow with photos to full of vino and food to do it tonight!

Roger and the Memsahib

ps we ame through one mother of a rain storm and guess who had the roof down????

Hello All

We are now in Lugo the walled town we have covered 500 miles in Spitty from home.

We have driven through some great mountain scenery to ge here.

The first Doss house had a pool and spa as well.

Here are a few photos

Roger and the Memsahib

ps there has just been a Mother of a cloud burst with thunder and lightening !!!!

DSC03271.JPG

DSC03275.JPG

DSC03278.JPG

DSC03280.JPG

DSC03281.JPG

DSC03288.JPG

DSC03290.JPG

DSC03291.JPG

DSC03293.JPG

DSC03297.JPG

DSC03299.JPG

DSC03307.JPG

DSC03308.JPG

DSC03309.JPG

DSC03310.JPG

DSC03312.JPG

DSC03297.JPG

Hello All

As Nick says we are roughing again!

Have a look at this video (if it works?) they are playing Zanfona's(look it up) it has been a 3 day event.

We had a look at prison that Franco locked up people he did not like in the thirtys!!!

We have plenty of Vino and Tapas still we have to help the local economy?

Spitty is running ok but I think I have leaned off the files a bit much as she was running a bit lean at times(I will add a bit back in before we move off)

Roger and the Memsahib

ps the photo of food was the starter and the bottle of white wine was in the ice bucket!

It was a 3 course meal with a bit of Tapas while we waited for the first course!

We did not use the Spa but as you could see it was a nice place and about £125 all in! which we thought was good value for what we had and a nice view from the window

pps She got out!

DSC03316.JPG

DSC03318.JPG

DSC03319.JPG

DSC03321.JPG

DSC03324.JPG

DSC03332.JPG

DSC03333.JPG

Hello All

Another day in Lugo visiting the sites and drinking coffee/vino and eating tapas:smile:

I saw this Merc in a side street and it looked rebuilt.

I have altered the fuel table back to what it was as I was seeing a few lean times which was worrying!

I have checked the oil and it is on the full mark(may have put a tad to much in before we left but we have covered 500 miles and a fair bit at 70mph(M5 and A38 and coast motorway in Spain) so I think all is ok in that department?

The mpg has worked out at 46.5 mpg at the 370mile fill up!

Roger and the Memsahib

ps I like the way they have pruned the trees outside the City Wall?

DSC03335.JPG

DSC03336.JPG

DSC03340.JPG

DSC03342.JPG

DSC03346.JPG

DSC03347.JPG

• Like 1

Now there’s a musical instrument I never knew existed! What strange things they are too. Spanish bagpipes? Prefer the sound to the bagpipes if I’m honest…..

46.5 mpg sounds pretty flippin excellent to me. How lean is is too lean are you thinking? If it’s not under any significant load and not hitching anything under 16 is fine…..

Hello Nick

They are a bit different but it was interesting to see so many playing together even if it was a bit like several cats being strangled!

I was seening a bit over 16 but on light load and it was hitching a bit and I had just guessed at the fuel table from looking at rpm and feel of throttle position(real technical!)

I think I will top up with 98 on Wednesday before we head off to Zamora.

The fuel economy is not about the money as more about the challenge (we can afford the fuel the price may Pee us off but as my old Mother used to say there are not pockets in shrouds!)

But other than that the water and oil temperature stayed rock stedy and both the same which in my book seems good?

Roger and the Memsahib

ps went for a drink in a bar outside the walls tonight and a glass of Tinto and a glass of Blanco a dish of olives a dish of nut mix and 4 bread pieces with hamon was 2.80 Euro(i euro about 85p)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pps A question for any smokers on here how much are they in UK? over here in the machines in the bars it is 5 euros a pack of about 20 I think they adjust the number so it is just 5 euros for all brands!!!!

ppps Hoping to get a better photogragh of this when we leave with Spitty in it!

DSC03350.JPG

Hello All

Last day in Lugo visited the museum and a public building that is a theater and snooker hall and libarary and chess room and social rooms

I would like a watch like this ! and a lighter!

We thought about dance classes but went for Vino and tapas instead

Off to Zamora tomorrow

DSC03356.JPG

DSC03357.JPG

DSC03359.JPG

DSC03360.JPG

DSC03361.JPG

DSC03365.JPG

DSC03367.JPG

DSC03369.JPG

DSC03363.JPG