365 photos in 365 days

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Rod1883 said:

How do you ensure the tripod of the level, is level?

Probably has a little bubble thingy...  Though how you know that is calibrated...... :whistling:

I usually find the human eye is sensitive enough and corrects for other stuff like walls/ceiling not horizontal etc.

Question is Craig, are you allowing the observers in influence your behaviour..... :ph34r:

The laser has a hanging plum bob thingy (call me Mr Teknickell) inside that self levels.  If the green light is on on the top, you're good to go.

I need two whiteboards to write up the network status (there's a job I'm dreading), and the layout lends itself to putting the work space down the back.  I'll be putting some skydive photos on the wall up the front where I can se it day to day.

I built a clock out of one of Buffy's side panels Alan, but its going in the garage.  The partners at work are already walking in and shaking their heads at the multi screen pc, wandering off muttering something about mollycoddling their tame nerd.

C.

Day 40.

NzhVc4yRSAKiadhC+F7a4Q.jpg

Pulling up the van at home just before midnight. 15 hour workday after little sleep, with another to come tomorrow.  Been shuttling between 4 sites ripping the data out of an outdated and unsupported version of Exchange sever, and forklifting it in chunks up to the cloud.  Well tired, need to put out the flame at at least one end of the candle, hopefully the middle too.

8 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

A day spent immersed in full nerd mode.

Eh By Gum Lad when I started them there TV things would have been lined listing paper cello taped to the wall, and that key board thing your using was an 80 col hand card punch like this:

https://historictech.com/product/icl-hand-punch-card-machine-from-1969/

And you want stress lad, just try dropping a tray of 500 cards you have just finished hand punching on the floor!

Mind you we could chain smoke all day at our desks, and a two hour lunch break at the pub was the norm rather than the exception and management wouldn't utter a squeak otherwise it was "i'm off to another contract" Can still remember getting my first 80 col Green Screen Terminal with Editor software on the mainframe so we no longer had to edit programs by pushing a chad back in a hole applying a bit of sticky tape to hold it in place and then over punching the card. Its all gone down hill since those days!

:biggrin: Alan
Oh and you could  pat a punch girl on the Bum, and get a smile in return instead of needing to effect a £1M NDA........  Lets get on with Brexit and put things back as they were.:whistling:

Edited by oldtuckunder
Decided to be non PC :-)

Day 42.

D69324E7-C87C-4C7E-A856-EC2754A0C27D.png

Senior management’s birthday, and after calling her to organize to meet for dinner, I pocket FaceTimed her.  While fishing the phone out of my pocket to figure out what the noise was, I managed to hit enough buttons to screenshot this.

A photo of her, even a bad one with a shocker of me in the corner is welcome relief!

46 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

This is Oz mate.....  they got much worse than that :ohmy:

Yup been there done that. 

Still cant abide spiders. Especially the ones you can here walk. 

Let alone the ones that bite you when you are asleep so your arm swells up like ...... Glengarry NSW 1990. 

26 minutes ago, GT6MK3 said:

Day 45.

Thre three rules of luggage on a skydiving tour are pack light, take some more out, and pack lighter.

This little daypack, a credit card and my parachute are all I’ve got till Sunday night.

And I guess pack it yourself !!!!?

Edited by Hamish
Edit pic