What a great forum...

mpbarrett

Just wanted to say what a great forum this is. Sensible  thoughtful  discussion about Brexit, excellent knowledgeable discussion about anything car based and then a good discussion about Drones.

So thanks everyone, its a great place to drop into.. :)
And a very merry Christmas (or whatever you want to celebrate at this time of year) to everyone.

cheers

mike

PS Recently its been a bit busy with grandchildren and getting ready for Christmas, but planning some work on my Herald (dash surround out, rebuild the wiper and upgrade to 2 speed motors , over haul of the front  suspension, and some tweaking of the EFI) over the winter so will be back with lots of car based questions :)

Grandchildren Isabelle and Isaac wearing there classic  Christmas car tops. Shame about the MG and Beetle but its a start..... :)

herald tops.jpg

4 hours ago, graeme4a said:

Hi Mike,

Got to agree with you about the forum and great pic of the grand kids too.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Cheers

Graeme

PS. Of course, if you were on the TR forum, pictures of kids are banned!!

I shall try that one about the kids its news to me Graeme

Nice one (or two!) Mike!

Yes, blow any prohibition rules away, this is a time for happy pics of kids and grandkids.  I've posted this one before, so may as well again.    My apprentice and I were out in the workshop yesterday - we cut out a disc from an alloy scrap, polished and engraved "Happy Christmas, Mum" on it, and hung it on some shiny chain to go on their Christmas tree.  That was more fun that the other project, chnaging a timing wheel, but he is only four.

John

IMG_20180916_104431.jpg

7 hours ago, graeme4a said:

Hi Mike,

Got to agree with you about the forum and great pic of the grand kids too.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Cheers

Graeme

PS. Of course, if you were on the TR forum, pictures of kids are banned!!

Jüst put this pic on the TRR forum, a small car show near Rochdale, kids are welcome in my cars, thats what shows are for .

P1060910.JPG

I can only agree about the forum. In the 8 months Ive been here I have done a megajolt which actually worked, started (a never ending) journey to get my GT6 in a position to hillclimb, got brilliant advice whenever I have asked (Alan John and Nick I thank you especially), discussed Brexit without it being a shouting match and all in all had a thoroughly good time. I could now post a picture of my shoddy welding, but I am saving it for later :biggrin:

So thanks to one and all. Ive never been on the other forum (yes THAT ONE) but I would suggest that a quick look here proves that generally speaking self moderation works.

On that note have a very Fab Christmas one and all

8 hours ago, Pfen said:

I shall try that one about the kids its news to me Graeme

Hi Pete,

The TR Register Forum rule is:

4.1 When using this Forum, you agree not to: 

4.1.4 Post pictures of children in any situation. UK law is such that pictures of children cannot be published without the consent of their parents/guardians. We do not have the resource to establish this permission. 

I think they are wrong!

Cheers

Graeme

Forum quality is very strong dependent on the quality and attitude of its contributors......... but maintaining the right atmosphere helps foster this.

In the absence of any small (or even medium size) children about the place these days I either have to resort to history........

Napier Bentley4.jpg

Youngest son in the Napier Bentley at Wiscombe Park VSCC meeting about 11 years ago

....... or more recent

IMG_0994c.jpg

This year - both of 'em in a very rare "mutual grooming" session tending their respective steeds

Wish you all a very happy Christmas break - may your hangovers be small, but well deserved!

Nick

7 minutes ago, TR NIALL said:

Hi Lads how duz one Post a Picture on here from an iPad?

Merry Christmas to all,Enjoy.

Choose the click to choose files 

in the forum posting box

select photo library for existing picture

select the album that the picture you want is in. 

Select the picture you want

Wait for them to upload then submit reply

( this is on my iPhone so should be same/very similar for iPad)

H

DFB1DD71-F487-463E-8E44-7EE6DBFCD5FD.png

BE892EB3-E9BC-40DA-B1D5-1F8B0EE8BC2D.png

D776572F-F4C6-4897-ACDD-F6077FCD3F76.png

07FAE935-5EAF-4CEF-A18A-371C3CF2AF3F.png

Oh yes this forum is excellent and the last months we had so much interesting stuff to read that I don’t find the time to post :tongue:

Spending again a few weeks in Africa right now, I have to insist that freedom of speech is VERY important!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year !

JC

• 4 weeks later...

Dragging up an old thread- apologies,

I am always astonished at how good this forum actually is. It lacks the garbage so often present in many public forums and for that, I am truly grateful.

I am really struggling with the triumph experience forum at the moment- I like to offer help, but it seems it just gets glossed over for 5 pages until someone digs it up again- it is as if nobody wants to read the thread, just skip to the end to offer advice. Does my head in.

Keeping up with the play, here's a pic of my daughter- this would be the only pic I have posted of her on the net-

The other pic shows what she is currently up to- makes me very proud 

IMG-20181217-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20181110-WA0000.jpg

6 hours ago, rustbuckit2011 said:

I am really struggling with the triumph experience forum at the moment- I like to offer help, but it seems it just gets glossed over for 5 pages until someone digs it up again- it is as if nobody wants to read the thread, just skip to the end to offer advice. 

I know exactly what you mean, rb2011!     Strangely inattentive.

There are several there - Carter Shore, TonyFixit - who I'd like to see here, but many in the class outlined above.

John