PeterC

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just heard this shocking news, this is my posting on the TRR forum

I’ve always tried to stay out of rhe club politics, but this action is simply unbelievable and I will have to think hard when my membership next comes up for renewal

Nigel

No doubt I will be "expelled" soon from the TRR but I don't really care anymore. The way Darren has been treated is absolutely disgusting. 

Like the Prof has stated, say the wrong thing and you could be next.

Im surprised that the thread is still about, but it will be shut down .......then I will start another thread......and another......

steve 

36 minutes ago, Neil T said:

I did know about this some time ago,another good man gone they did the same to me with no explanation.There will be no TRR club left before long,alas but on there heads be it

Atb 

Welcome Neil. Yes you  speak quite rightly with true venom.  The entire atmosphere has to change - we must get rid of the control freaks. best wishes, Peter

2 hours ago, TRNigel said:

Just heard this shocking news, this is my posting on the TRR forum

I’ve always tried to stay out of rhe club politics, but this action is simply unbelievable and I will have to think hard when my membership next comes up for renewal

Nigel

+1 I only heard today and I think it's unbelievable to.

Cheers

Dave.

Hi folks, i'm posting on here about Daren because ....... well lets just say i'm not happy about posting on the TRR forum on this subject.  I've been trying to get people at the top to see reason on this but its not happening.  i was present at both of Darren's 'meetings' with the board and now that i'm no longer Chairman of the club I don't think i'm bound by any convention of silence.  Darren was asked to answer the charges laid against him and the vote was 5/4  in his favour.  in my mind that should have been an end of it but apparently not.  After Darren had left the meeting the directors were informed of further 'confidential' evidence which Darren and none of the other directors who were at the meeting were allowed to see.   Not long afterward i was forced to resign as Chair of the TRR  and I was not able to take any further part in the process.  Some days later the board members were apparently shown a redacted email which alleged that Darren had made defamatory remarks about the Register but that they were not prepared to reveal their names  for fear of intimidation by Darren at a later date.  Obviously I've not seen it myself so how accurate this is i don't know.   

the clubs articles only allow for expulsion of a member if their continued membership is detrimental to the future of the club.  They don't allow for suspension  which if the rules were drafted better would have been what the BOD wanted to do. - hence the three month ban.    

i mentioned in my last piece in TRaction that change is required.  Well resigning from the club wont bring about the changes it needs and so if you really care about the club and its future - as I do - then its important to stand up and be counted. 

hoges. 

Hoges,

I'm fairly new to the TR Register so I don't carry much baggage from the past, but I see a constant theme of members complaining of things been carried out behind closed doors, lack of communication with the members, and failing to address or at least explain the actions that are been taken. OK in this case perhaps a little privacy may be warranted, but this comes on the many other events.

You ask members to stay and be counted but perhaps members feel that it is only their membership fees that are being counted, certainly not the members views. 

I don't know the facts in this case but there seems to be underhand dealings and in the absence of any other rallying point this one seems to fit the bill.

But without change will I remain a member - probably not, if I can only vote with my feet.

Alan

Gosh!   As it did from its very founding, Sideways is a refuge for the rejected.

In case anyone doesn't recall, St.Dave of Sideways was expelled from CT for inflammatory commentaries - and thought, stuff them, I'll set up my own message board where I can say what I like.   And, lo!  He did!   And we use it now.

Dave, if you're there, thank you!   Your vision still takes in and gives a voice to the unwanted.

John

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Gosh!   As it did from its very founding, Sideways is a refuge for the rejected.

In case anyone doesn't recall, St.Dave of Sideways was expelled from CT for inflammatory commentaries - and thought, stuff them, I'll set up my own message board where I can say what I like.   And, lo!  He did!   And we use it now.

Dave, if you're there, thank you!   Your vision still takes in and gives a voice to the unwanted.

John

Indeed, though I don't think Dave was expelled from the club (if he was even a member at the time), just banned from the forum. 

Hoges,  really appreciate your post.  Have to say though, if you as a former chairman of the board are not comfortable posting on the subject on the TRR forum...... :huh: :ohmy:

After this lot, I think that if members of the board are worried about the club being brought into disrepute and things threatening it's future, they need to examine their own recent actions as these are clearly making members seriously consider whether they wish to remain part of the club.    As and outsider, I'd say that is threatening the future of the club.

Nick

Damned poor treatment of Darren.  When I was a member of the TRR, he was one of the few younger members with an interest in widening its appeal, strengthening its grip on new media and looking for ideas to maintain loyalty and value.  To a distant observer, it would appear that somebody with an opinion and the willingness to express it has become anathema to the values of the current Board.

Thank goodness for Sideways, I say!

Paul

1 hour ago, PaulAA said:

Damned poor treatment of Darren.  When I was a member of the TRR, he was one of the few younger members with an interest in widening its appeal, strengthening its grip on new media and looking for ideas to maintain loyalty and value.  To a distant observer, it would appear that somebody with an opinion and the willingness to express it has become anathema to the values of the current Board.

Thank goodness for Sideways, I say!

Paul

HI Paul,

Darren now has 39 publcily stated members supporting him.

TRR froum moderators are doing the decent thing.

But It would not surprise me if the entire TRR fora were killed by the BoD itself.

So Sideways could yet be pivotal in us making progress to restore the TRR to a club atmosphere.

Cheers

Peter

1 hour ago, rhino_mac said:

Hey chaps. Just registered. Paul, good to see you posting on here!

Welcome !  ST is a freindly port in the storm. Our host Nick Jones often posts with his considerable expertise on TRR fora,  Peter

Thank you all so much for your support in this matter. I've been absolutely overwhelmed by it. 

Since early this morning, when I am told that the news broke, I've received many emails and phone calls. This new bad boy image seems to be working for me :biggrin:

In all seriousness, I've never been expelled from anything in my life, so it really did come as a shock. What really upsets me about all this is that I'm told that the only other person to be expelled from the Reg was expelled due to stealing from the club. I would hate to think that anyone would think I'd done something similar. 

What all this goes to show to me is that the Triumph and TR community is on the whole a fantastic bunch of very decent people. What a pity that some seek to ruin it. 

Please pass on my thanks to others who have offered their support over at my old haunt. 

Best wishes, 

Darren

5 hours ago, Neil T said:

Hamish

Wayne is paid by your membership.

Hi Neil. 

Yeah I understand that. But I have been told  he is not an employee either, so may be some sort of contract. 

Just means he is probably even more vulnerable. 

Certainly not in a position to address the issues or comment for the club or management. 

H

51 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Hi Neil. 

Yeah I understand that. But I have been told  he is not an employee either, so may be some sort of contract. 

Just means he is probably even more vulnerable. 

Certainly not in a position to address the issues or comment for the club or management. 

H

.....and probably glad he doesn't have to defend the indefensible!