Spain and Castles

rogerguzzi

Hello All

We here we go again off to Spain in the morning at 06.00!!!!

The theme this time is Castles and this the first one we hope to see/visit!

CASTILLO DE GRAJAL DE CAMPOS (R) - Turismo Prerrománico (turismo-prerromanico.com)

This is the first part of the trip?

So as the old Wat time song goes Wish Me Luck as you Wave me Goodbye!

image.thumb.png.2c2085e7b7d319d9af5d8e58e23fccfa.png

Roger and the Memsahib

ps I will try and do a blog thing?

Hello All

We are about to dock in Santander after a calm crossing and the Sun is shining and its warm!

So let the adventure begin!

We had a nice evenig meal and entertainment by juggler and 2 singers

Roger and the not sea sick Memsahib

Hello All

We are at our first Digs and sluming it again!

The journey was eventful with 2 road closed and the cafe we thought we would stop at for lunch was closed!!

But we found a large roadside cafe that catered for trucks as well and had 2 baguettes 2 cakes 1 tea and 1 coffee for 12.70 euros (11.50)

We could not check in until 15.30 so we went for a walk down to the beach/bay

Had a good evening meal and vino then sat outside and watched the sun go down in a magical mist over the bay

Roger and the Memsahib

ps the usual rubbish view from the room!

DSC05508.JPG

DSC05509.JPG

DSC05511.JPG

DSC05512.JPG

Not far from Asturias which, like Cornwall, is one of the Celtic nations:

Ireland

Scotland

Isle of Man

Wales

Cornwall

Brittany

Asturias

Galicia

If you are there for a few weeks look out for the Cidre (cider) festival. Its light and refreshing. Be afraid. Very afraid.

11 minutes ago, mossmonaco said:

Not far from Asturias which, like Cornwall, is one of the Celtic nations:

Ireland

Scotland

Isle of Man

Wales

Cornwall

Brittany

Asturias

Galicia

If you are there for a few weeks look out for the Cidre (cider) festival. Its light and refreshing. Be afraid. Very afraid.

'Scotland'... not all of it. Of our two most famous national heroes William Wallace was Celtic (''Welsh" hearabouts). Whereas Robert Bruce was Anglo-Norman... :ninja:

That cider festival sounds fun. And potentially hazardous :laugh:

Hello All
         Well what a day we have had!
We decided to go through the Picos via Potes(first mistake) we had to follow a articulated truck with animals on board at a max of 25mph!
Then there was 4 or 5 I lost count of traffic lights!!
Then when we thought we had got passed all that there was herd of cows and calfs being moved on the road with an old dog that looked knackered and staff that did not give a S**T
Then when we got to a town to go through to see the castle the main street was shut as they were setting up a fair!!
Then to cap it all numpty here had not realised the castle is moth balled so no visit possible!
So we made our way to a town close to the self catering digs and a super market and when we came out there was a young lady saying nice car so you know me I invited her to sit in it and take her photo
The the bloody heavens opened and we just got the roof up in time as it Persisted down with thunder and lightning!
soDSC05518.thumb.JPG.93f8637871c9871773f0464b31d333eb.JPG all in all a different day?
But on a good note the 4 bedroom house we are staying in is great but the garage is a bit small!

Roger and the Memsahib

DSC05520.JPG

DSC05522.JPG

DSC05523.JPG

DSC05525.JPG

DSC05528.JPG

DSC05531.JPG

DSC05533.JPG

DSC05534.JPG

DSC05535.JPG

DSC05524.JPG

• Like 2

Hello All
             Well today has been a better day! the weather is fine and the Castle was open!

So first we had a visit to the Castle and at first thought it was closed because the gate into it was locked!
 But there was a nice young man in the kiosk who took our money then unlocked the gate and gave us about 15mins talk on it and started a
 Film for us to watch and left us to it and we then climbed up inside and viewed it all.
 He then came over and ulocked the gate for us again?
 The only problem was the cost of it all but we did get the pensioners discount so it was not to bad!!! it was 2 Euros for both of us!!
 The photo of the hill with little roofs on are caves were they make wine! so he told us.
 The fairy tale building looks like an unfinished hotel there is a Cobra and Eagle on the towers
 Spitty is in front of our digs and they set that sound stage up this morning so we expect so music later?

Off the Zamora tomorrow and another Castle on the way!

Roger and the Memsahib 

DSC05536.JPG

DSC05537.JPG

DSC05540.JPG

DSC05544.JPG

DSC05548.JPG

DSC05546.JPG

DSC05550.JPG

DSC05552.JPG

DSC05553.JPG

DSC05554.JPG

Hello All

Just quick one it's 10.25 pm and the entertainment has just started and seening our place is just behind the stage we may as well have more vino and join in as we do not have to leave early tomorrow!

Roger and the Dancining Memsahib!

DSC05557.JPG

DSC05559.JPG

Hello All

How Bigga Mistaka to Maka

I went to bed and the Memsahib woke me to tell me the music had started (it was 00.30)

So I got dressed and went and joined in thinking it would end about 02.00 (What another Bigga Mistaka to Maka?)

We gave up at about 02.30 and it carried on until at least 05.00!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily the house had 3 bedrooms and one was at the back a bit farther from the music and we had some ear plugs!

Plus we did not have to ckeck out early!

We are now in Zamora having visited another Castle that is not open and in a poor state of repair

Roger and the Memsahib

ps just had a nice walk about and a glass of Vino at the extortionate price of 5 Euros for 2 largish glasses!

CASTILLO DE LAGUNA DE NEGRILLOS (R) - Turismo Prerrománico (turismo-prerromanico.com)

DSC05564.JPG

DSC05566.JPG

DSC05569.JPG

DSC05570.JPG

Hello All

Well If we did not have Bad luck we would have no luck at all!!!

So we decide this morning we would have a stroll down through the old town to the Castle and on the way we saw a tourist office so popped to get a map only to be told the castle is not open on a Monday!!!!

Still we had a nice walk around the grounds and then had a look at some of the fortified walls and down to the river to view the old bridge and weirs etc

Then we were getting very hot so we climbed up the steep road to the old town centre to go to the Ice Cream Parlour we went in last year(now guess what the B****y thing is closed on Mondays!!!

So called at a little supermarket  to get dinner and bought more Vino and Icecream to go with the Home made Chocolate cake the lady had left us!!

Frustrated Roger and the Memsahib

ps first 2 photos from our balcony

DSC05571.JPG

DSC05572.JPG

DSC05573.JPG

DSC05574.JPG

DSC05576.JPG

DSC05578.JPG

DSC05580.JPG

DSC05581.JPG

DSC05582.JPG

DSC05585.JPG

Hello All

We are now in a nice apartment in Segovia

The Memsahib said I should not tell you this but I do not like lying so the Castle we visited today we had been to several years ago!!!!!!!!!!!! still it was nice!

We drove across a hydro electric dam today(see photos)

We saw these 2 huge churchs but the village did not look that big?

We have the usual rubbish view from the small balcony window (see Photo)

Just been to have a look at the Roman Aqueduct and call for the obligatory Vino and Tapas!

We will do dinner now and maybe a BIT! more Vino!

Roger and the Memsahib

DSC05588.JPG

DSC05589.JPG

DSC05591.JPG

DSC05592.JPG

DSC05598.JPG

DSC05602.JPG

DSC05601.JPG

DSC05605.JPG

DSC05606.JPG

DSC05608.JPG

DSC05610.JPG