Spain and Castles

rogerguzzi

Yeah….. that’s pretty bad. Must have been chunky hail!

In about 1979 my father dropped me at (then) Jan Smuts airport in Johannesburg and left as he needed to get back to Swaziland before the border closed. Approaching the airport we’d noted very threatening clouds with lightning in them. Shortly after he left the heavens opened and pelted the world below with golf balls.

The results were that the family 404 wagon got a new “dimpled” look, which it carried the the end of its days and I spent an extra 24 hours in Jo’burg as every aircraft on the apron was damaged beyond use. Apparently some of the dimples were severe enough to have splits in the bottom….

Severe hail was always an issue in the South African high belts. When we were last at Jo’burg airport (now Oliver Tambo) I noted that the hire car parking and walk-ways to the terminals all had tin roofs…. Not for shade the car hire guy told me, but hail protection after a storm had written off the whole fleet and killed an unwary tourist. It’s already dented he observed - and it certainly was!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All

These two Daft old buggers have just booked the ferry to Spain agian!

But at the end of the day it is only money and as my old Mother used to say there is no pockets in shrouds!

Plus the few hundred £s we would loose if either of us was ill(Buggered) would not matter just a bit less for the kids!

So the Plan is go to the bottom of Spain as we did a few years ago when we went to a race meeting at Jerez which was great  and we saw Bonny Tyler at the same do as part of the event and She was was Great!

Plus this daft old bugger has over the last 2 weeks fitted 9 UPVc windows and a door with help on the door  and one window  and the door from our son!

still life in the old dog yet??? plus you are a long time dead !?

Roger and the a bit Worried Memsahib that I am doing to much!