365 photos in 365 days

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/31/2019 at 3:42 AM, GT6MK3 said:

Been out of internet range for a few days.  Can assure you that I'm Craig, not Steve (he's a lot better at building cars than I am, but he did do the odd skydive!).  I haven't found the ad your referencing, but I doubt it's me unless someone's used old footage without my knowlege ;-)

I think they were still using B&W celluloid when I was skydiving LOL

Brakes..... or wiring?  Tool mix could suggest wiring.... :unsure:

PS. I got to "play" with a scootery "thing" on Sunday.  Teenage transport in the form of a Peugeot.  Watercooled, electric start, electronic choke, CVT trans, disc brakes and loads of flappy plastic bits (mostly attached with zip ties).  So relatively high tech, but still your basic smelly, cantankerous 2 stroke underneath.  This one further compromised by "de-restriction" mods by the PO......  It has running issues and occasionally refuses to proceed above walking pace, usually after it's been running a while.  Then magically repairs itself at the sight of a screwdriver, making it resistant to permanent repair.  It has one of those vacuum-operated auto fuel cut-off valves, which remains my number one suspect in spite appearing to function when tested.....  Belongs to a neighbours offspring and ntdwm!

Grr. Tool mix is actually a reflection of one of my worst habits and one I fight against.  Have been working on numerous problems at once rather than being methodical and killing one at a time.  Result is a dogs breakfast of unfindable tools, and no floor space.

Read your post this morning, kicked myself, and went and put every tool on the garage floor back in the cabinets before I got back to work (3 hours later!).

much better...

4 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Result is a dogs breakfast of unfindable tools, and no floor space.

been there twice this week, but only tided up once so far! problem is when your grabbing an hour here an hour there and you are getting close to a strategic point its hard to stop and tidy, its only when you have spent 10 mins searching for the second 7/16 spanner you have lost in an hour and are seriously contemplating using the nearest equivalent metric, that your brain goes :swear: TIDY UP! at which point you shuffle back on the floor and inflict pain as you kneel on the missing item, which if it can will be pointy side up! and then you are back to square one, finish bolting up as you found it, or stop and tidy up :confused:

alan 

Try it when you've got two in the workshop competing for tools and hiding them from each other...... usually me that gets to tidy the aftermath of those sessions - indeed has to in order to make any progress :ermm:.  There is then the occasional third random agent who slinks in and lifts a  tool you were in the middle of using tool for cycle repair purposes when your back is turned........  All this in addition to the usual phenomenon of tools randomly popping into another dimension for an indeterminate period.

9 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

All this in addition to the usual phenomenon of tools randomly popping into another dimension for an indeterminate period

its probably what Peter C's UFO's/Aliens are all about, its our decendents desperately looking for the 7/16 spanner they had an hour ago, and overshooting on the jump back trying to locate it :lol: 

Add to that the "favourite spanner" syndrome when you realise your favourite 1/2 spanner is nowhere to be found and have to spend 20 minutes finding it, despite the fact you have another 3 you could use.

Finally you locate it still hanging by the ring end on the bolt side of the nut you were doing up with your ratchet. ..... Or is that just me?:blink:

19 minutes ago, Bumblebee said:

Add to that the "favourite spanner" syndrome when you realise your favourite 1/2 spanner is nowhere to be found and have to spend 20 minutes finding it, despite the fact you have another 3 you could use.

Finally you locate it still hanging by the ring end on the bolt side of the nut you were doing up with your ratchet. ..... Or is that just me?:blink:

We must be brothers from a different mother...... :ohmy:

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:20 PM, Nick Jones said:

Try it when you've got two in the workshop competing for tools and hiding them from each other...... usually me that gets to tidy the aftermath of those sessions - indeed has to in order to make any progress :ermm:.  There is then the occasional third random agent who slinks in and lifts a  tool you were in the middle of using tool for cycle repair purposes when your back is turned........  All this in addition to the usual phenomenon of tools randomly popping into another dimension for an indeterminate period.

Hello Nick

The easy answer is more tools!

I have a set hanging next to the work bench another set hanging next to the ramp and a third set in a tool chest on wheels(plus all the odds and ends next to the lathe and miller etc)

Plus a set in Spitty

Houston I think I have a problem?

Roger