Engine build help request . Please..

1 hour ago, Spit131 said:

Once constructed I am also looking at purchasing a tig set up . Hopefully Pierro will then come down weld my engine/gearbox and lower wishbone brackets and of course teach me how to use it for a fee or perhaps some of my unwanted parts he desires .

4A95B2F8-4866-40D3-ACCB-C4C0D0CE5BEA.jpeg

That's nice DC and AC, buy plenty of tungsten rods your going to need them when your learning and your bench grinder wheel will never be the same again. 

I bought a flexi torch head as well, worth the extra. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hope at last !

The Yorkshire fitters drove 5 hours down and we’re finished constructing it at 11.30AM !

one thing I had not considered was a metal building and electrical complications . I have two copper earthing rods now , one to run to a roof conductor and one to earth the electrical system .

if it stops raining this afternoon I should make a start on running the mains ring in metal conduit so that I can then insulate and t&g the floor .

Also internal lights to instal , security lights/cameras , alarms and some net curtains to keep prying eyes out .

017F2D62-F51D-49A6-8D3F-1B3EF7375F2A.jpeg

493A843D-A8DB-42C8-A750-3402AA51C494.jpeg

D3485501-FDA9-49C3-A088-9C28E625C84A.jpeg

5FA35775-0D95-4C50-993F-F865C62730EF.jpeg

• Like 1

So far I have installed metal trunking , run a mains ring , insulated the floor and laid the t&g boards . I now need to fit four double sockets , install the earthing components , fit a 50MM aluminium pole above head height between the new building and the old garage to carry the mains through , instal two external ‘ Ring ‘ camera/spots , fit two internal alarms , hang a new garden gate , buy and install net curtains on window and door .

7514D319-11AF-427A-9AAE-D05AA9893487.jpeg

1BD4D4AF-2A21-4B12-AC6E-74F72DAC1DC6.jpeg

A while ago, I bought several extensions, four-socket on flying leads.    I fixed these to the walls of my garage, next to the car instead of by the door so that I could use various tools on the car without a long extension. Obviously, good sense is needed, but you only use one  electric tool at a time, so having two or three all plugged in at once doesn't exceed the power rating of the cable.

I now have two on each  side, so I could run sixteen tools at a time, but of course I never do, it's just easier to plug in what ever I'm using.  As you are wiring yours now, I'd recommend similar.

I also have a single socket extension hanging from the roof!    This accepts the plug from the CTEK battery charger that I connect when the car is in the garage, over winter etc. to avoid a long extension for me to trip over. 

chargeronsupportplate.thumb.jpg.a1a499b7b08a51832896d06c25ed8572.jpg

John

Edited by JohnD

When we moved some 10 years ago- upgrade to a garden etc and integrated garage. We converted the internal garage into a proper room as there was car access (just) to the rear garden. We put up a Marley style garage with brick effect render. As always it should have been bigger - but much bigger than the integral one. You fill the available space. 

F169ABBF-35C5-491C-8415-5E88DB6AC4BB.jpeg

9CAF2ACB-C0C1-4100-BAFE-4230AC9BEDF1.jpeg

6DAF8DAE-F18C-407A-8768-DA12375D5CC4.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

You are making me feel a little better Roger . 
However yesterday I went through the attic ( dumping ground ) and bought down all the fixings of every kind and am now considering opening a fixings store ! I also discovered I have four planners , 2 corded DeWalts , 1 battery DeWalt and 1 battery Makita ! WHY ?!?!

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Spit131 said:

just starting on 16mm armoured today from house to garage

16mm is a pretty meaty cable for domestic stuff, how much power are you expecting to draw?

Have to say your chaos looks a lot more organised than mine. Decent plastic storage boxes rather than my recycled cardboard!