Triumph Spitfire Gt6 Front Spoiler

CHRIS211083

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will buy one at the 100 price but who is going to ship them if your not in the UK and when and how will money change hands.

Hi paypal will be the way and i will be in the Uk when they are done. Ill get prices for shipping later.

Dave do you have Olaf's contact details. If we could buy the mould this might make it cheaper.

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok Guy's,

Ive spoken to Olaf about the front spoilers and he is happy for us to copy it. However I may buy one off him instead of borrowing one from the swiss team. This would mean that Graham gets the mound made Quicker and I can have my car finished quicker. :yes:

I'll let you know how I get on.

Chris.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Chris,

I'm up for one, now if a couple more chaps down-under throw up their hands maybe we can save on shipping (I have a mate in the business who may be able to do me another favour, cheap not free).

Cheers

James Too (The Other One)

Edited by pomwah

Are you set on that one?

Or would one like this be suitable?

I know, I know, it's not on a Spitfire, but I think the same method would work.

The splitter plate is bolted to the lower surface of the chassis rails, and the airdam is built up on that in GRP on a metal former/mold which is then removed. It integrates with the OE or GRP front valance.

I thnk it would be easier to make than the above saga of borrowing one from abroad to copy, and the airdam former is simple to fabricate, being no more than a single curvature panel.

John

post-690-0-54805600-1346959031_thumb.jpg

Edited by JohnD

• 1 month later...

post-1494-0-84655600-1352051129_thumb.jpgJust thought I'd add this shot of my MK3 racing front end that I have the mold for. It includes the "bumper" and matches up to the wheels arches (also available) that add about 2" width each side. I made mine in kevlar/fiberglass and it is very strong. The wheel arches are CF and weigh about 1lb each. I mount a splitter to the bottom of the air dam.

Clark

The one you are projecting, Chris, is far more elegant, but how about this that I built for Old Blue Vitesse?

It doubles as a splitter and airdam, by using a flat plank of marine ply, bolted to the underside of the chassis rails, poking out as far as the bumper. No further as it would have contravened silhouette regs.

The space between the plank and the front valance was filled in by building two metal moulds that were screwed to the plank so that GRP could be built up on them, before they were unscrewed and removed.

Very robust, it even survived the wipe out of Old Blue!

John

post-690-0-44197000-1352314249_thumb.jpg

Edited by JohnD

• 8 months later...

Ok guy's,

We are back on with this again. I have contacted Olaf and I'm going to get a price for the tool as he says he is too busy to make these in small numbers so....I'll buy the tool and get graham to make a batch of them. I'll let you know more once it happens and I'll let you know prices.

Chris.

• 3 months later...