1960 formula junior film

Hamish

Hi Folks

just finished loading another of Dads films on YouTube 

this time Formula Junior of 1960 the first full year of this “new” racing formula. 
still amazed with who he mixed with. As an ex-Cooper race car driver (his own not works !)he was mates with all these people. 
hope you enjoy

still loads more to come if you want them  

modern era racing (1960’s) to early VSCC vintage  

let me know what you fancy just doing them in date order at the moment.

• Like 1

Thank you, Hamish!    Gosh, before my time ( I was barely in my teens, wth no family history of motorsport) but astonishingly evocative.    Proper racing and on a road through the countryside,  not a 'circuit', although all those trees next to track at Oulton....   

Please keep them coming!

JOhn

I know. I came along in ‘63 so a few years before I used to be involved in menial editing jobs 1970’s I guess,  before dad got back to racing when he bought his 4.3 Alvis (s)  that I got to drive in anger a few times.

DUU900 the car I would buy back today if I could find - afford it !!

CB181B81-2C53-4896-9360-EB6C469EF603.jpeg

8FC60824-433C-4C44-905A-7D7152B6D8ED.jpeg

Hello Hamish, Great stuff. Keep them coming!  There is a club here called Golden Era Auto Racing (was pre 60's but now later).They have 6 mid week meetings a year and participants compete for a "chocky" bar. Supposed to be regularity .....but when the flag lowers ........ Great fun from either side of the fence.  Four x 20?min. sessions. Regards, Michael.