Messages of support fro Darren TR5tar

PeterC

(Allegedly), It all started going wrong when money and visions of making big money caused green eyes of Boardroom envy.

I refer of course to the insurance business TTR got into behind closed doors. Awkward questions were asked, after a quick sacrifice of a token head to calm the herd, some noisy awkward questioners were 'invited' to go play elsewhere.

Another 'car' club became a playground for retired former company Directors to play at big business.

And yes, your PM's can be read, (allegedly)

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi 

it was me that posted “where’s TR5tar”

I’ve followed the postings yesterday and there would appear from the BOD’s statement regarding Darren’s expulsion, more to this, Darren do you want to email me with your side of things I won’t Use any if the info on TRR Forum, you have my email address

I will understand if you don’t

Regards

Phil

12 hours ago, Scooter said:

'They' always hated the forum and have never forgiven the 'Forumites' for ousting Cunnington and his appointees

http://essex-tr.org/archive-b120-nov14.htm.

After an exchange of terse emails with the former Overseas director, I began to observe that he was a regular visitor to the forum, but never posted. Lurking, watching.

3 hours ago, PaulAA said:

After an exchange of terse emails with the former Overseas director, I began to observe that he was a regular visitor to the forum, but never posted. Lurking, watching.

When a 'club' feels the need to write a 'disloyalty clause' into its rules that allow a kangaroo court of 'the committee' to chuck out people on the suspicious they may be saying or even thinking bad things about them,, its a very good indication that someones not using Vanish on their laundry.

As I am a TRR member, I can go on the "Members Forum" on the TRR message board, and Ye Gods!    TWENTY pages of posts, and not only from the Usual Suspects, from members rarely and never heard from, expressing their indignation - nay disgust! at recent TRR events.  It's a Revolutuion in the making, with enough signatories to a letter demanding am Emergency General Meeting to force the Board of Directors by their own rules to hold one, and a full description from Paul Hogan of how and why he was defenestrated.   

I won't try to precis that or anything else, as it is a private members forum, and it's only polite to keep it so, but there are already suggestions there to set up a rival "TR" message board.    Would it be impolite to point out that there is an "All other Triumphs" (inc. TRs) Forum here?     So many TRists have jumped ship and been rescued by Sideways, that they may be able to attest that while blankets and hot soup may not be available,  moral life jackets, a sympathetic ear and forum are for sure!

John

IMO We don't need/want another Triumph forum..... the flock is scattered enough already!

Bit of sterilizing sunlight on the proceedings probably not a bad thing, though those plotting the downfall of one regime do really need to consider what they will replace it with!

Nick

Well I've been enjoying the blankets and hot soup as well as the rest John! They must have seen you coming!!:wink::tongue:.  I quite agree that another forum is unnecessary! I'm getting quite comfy here!  There are pleanty of other Triumph fora that are moribund because someone posts once a month and then someone else replies two month later!

Ben

Im not involved in the TR community, hope you don't mind me asking but...

Redacted emails, confidential evidence, power struggles at the top??

I thought these were clubs run by members for the members? are these clubs really that big financially that they need to act like a multi national conglomerate? serious question, never been to a board meeting, never been high up in a club.

I mean on the CT forums there was talk of law suites etc back in the day, i just don't understand, surely the clubs are about for the enjoyment of members.

The triumph community is not alone, we were at the Corvette Club UK nationals a few years ago, its all the same, thoroughly nasty people in "power"

Edited by mattius

7 hours ago, PaulAA said:

I also suspect the BoD can read PM;s too. He who pays the piper....

That's why a pirvate message board has been set up for the 60+ disgusted members to plot a strategy.

Peter

10 minutes ago, PeterC said:

I also suspect the BoD can read PM;s too. He who pays the piper....

That's why a pirvate message board has been set up for the 60+ disgusted members to plot a strategy.

Peter

Prof,

Not had the link/address got the new message board.

can you assist ??

steve

4 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

IMO We don't need/want another Triumph forum..... the flock is scattered enough already!

Bit of sterilizing sunlight on the proceedings probably not a bad thing, though those plotting the downfall of one regime do really need to consider what they will replace it with!

Nick

Spot on Nick,they will pay the price in members.Lets see what pans out.

The trouble with car clubs Is they quickly become private firfdoms for the well heeled and retired.

money? The big clubs are very wealthy and many of the rules allow effectiveiy unaccountable governance, with patronage for loyalty to the ‘Chief’ the common currency.

As anyone who was at the extraordinary AGM that saw the TRRs former chairman and his appointees invited to consider the door, it was a furious civil war that left a thirst for revenge.

yes, the members won that battle, but it’s clear they’ve lost the war.

thats two Triumph clubs that have gone down the insurance provider route (bloody stupid idea) and torn themselves apart...... there’s a lesson there.

4 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Nick

There will be no sterilising sunlight Nick.

we've been down that route already, a club that conducts a large part of its business using members money while hiding behind commercially sensitive and confidential contracts with third parties ensured no scabs were lifted. Want to dig? The committee will use its powers to chuck you out on the grounds your activities might be detrimental to the club...

you mught think ‘the club’ is The membership, but some appear to think the powers are there to protect the Politburo from the membership.

5 hours ago, JohnD said:

As I am a TRR member, I can go on the "Members Forum" on the TRR message board, and Ye Gods!    TWENTY pages of posts, and not only from the Usual Suspects, from members rarely and never heard from, expressing their indignation - nay disgust! at recent TRR events.  It's a Revolutuion in the making, with enough signatories to a letter demanding am Emergency General Meeting to force the Board of Directors by their own rules to hold one, and a full description from Paul Hogan of how and why he was defenestrated.   

I won't try to precis that or anything else, as it is a private members forum, and it's only polite to keep it so, but there are already suggestions there to set up a rival "TR" message board.    Would it be impolite to point out that there is an "All other Triumphs" (inc. TRs) Forum here?     So many TRists have jumped ship and been rescued by Sideways, that they may be able to attest that while blankets and hot soup may not be available,  moral life jackets, a sympathetic ear and forum are for sure!

John

John

There is no plan to set up a 'rival' message board, just a temporary site where the subject in question can be discussed in private by people who have pledged to support Darren at any EGM/AGM

John

1 minute ago, Janner said:

John

There is no plan to set up a 'rival' message board, just a temporary site where the subject in question can be discussed in private by people who have pledged to support Darren at any EGM/AGM

John

And a means of private communication should someone decide to to pull the plug on the TRR site

Dave

Right, finally a spot where I can post. Funny thing is: as a member of various vintage watch sites, there's one that has a 'Forum of the Banned'. In fact, that's the nicest place to hang out!

I am keeping my head down over on the TRR for the simple reason that I've not renewed my membership last years, but 'The Powers To Be' have forgotten to remove the dark blue text under my avatar; I can see, read and write everything without being a member. That's why I am silent. I will explain the reason for cancelling my membership in due time; this is not the thread for that.

Not to some; I've PM'ed several members explaining my (non-)actions. 

Darren and I had an email conversation about the whole situation shortly after he was kicked out and we discussed Franz Kafka's The Trial... Being prosecuted and judged by the same without knowing on what evidence... The whole situation is too absurd for words.

For what I've understood (and correct me if I am wrong!): it all started with the situation where Darren didn't comply with the new EU laws on privacy -according to the Directors, that is. (Again, if I am wrong, let me know). Well, I suppose that a lot of clubs etc have that problem: it's new, it's complicated, it's difficult to know exactly what's allowed and what's not. I believe that the TRR has a specially appointed Director for that. For what I understand: he has not helped Darren in the first place to keep in line with the new rules. Apart from issuing rules, a Director should be asking around if there are real-life problems with those rules and how to help to overcome them. Then and only then you can say you run the TRR as a company. 

6 hours ago, MennoR said:

I am keeping my head down over on the TRR for the simple reason that I've not renewed my membership last years, but 'The Powers To Be' have forgotten to remove the dark blue text under my avatar; I can see, read and write everything without being a member. That's why I am silent.

Haha, Menno, I enjoyed that 'oversight' as well, until I engaged in a PM correspondence with a certain senior person around the time of the closing of AtB, to suggest market strategies to widen the appeal to younger owners/drivers/fans and where sources of suitable expertise might lie within the membership.

Oddly enough, shortly after I suggested the potential role of the Overseas bod in providing a point of communication and reference for non UK members and explained why my membership had lapsed, the correspondence ceased, the blue thingy disappeared and so did access. access.

Better to do that than waste time on a bit of gentle arm twisting and encouragement, eh.

Hi Menno, 

Thanks to you and everyone else for your posts of support. I have been amazed by everyone's kindness. It just shows that there is a strong sense of fair play in our community. 

One thing Menno, I don't think this situation had anything to do with GDPR, although as I don't exactly know what it is that I am supposed to be guilty of I cannot say for sure. Again, shades of Kafka here.

I will drop you an email to discuss in greater detail. 

Best wishes, 

Darren

Hi Darren.

Got here eventually [prob  with password and or stiff fingers]  

JG's PM took two days to arrive hence the lack of communication , strange that !

Really cant understand how all this nonsense started but suspect your forward thinking and positive attitude did not go down well with some board members.

Any way we will get rid of the bad apples and [if you still want to] have you appointed to the board.

Best wishes  

Brian

B