Channel Bridge

PaulAA

Peter

It's more a case of BoJo needed a distraction from his performance in govt to date.  Being a walking disaster zone means that it is good to cook up idiotic plans that evolve a life of their own and become a distraction from the flights of brainlessness that, combined, define his career.  This is not another Brexit rant, this is a BoJo rant.

The bridge will not occur and BoJo knows it.  It is an idea that has been analysed by sensible people (not a group that BoJo might in any way be associated with) at length in at least three distinct periods during the last hundred and thirty years and, each time, it has been dismissed as impractical.  But the idea is so implausible that it has grabbed headlines around the globe and I increasingly think that, for BoJo, all news is good news, however damning ordinary mortals might view it.

Paul

34 minutes ago, Dave M said:

The crossover from driving on the left to driving on the right somewhere in mid channel might be interesting:unsure:

Dave

Hello Dave

Easy peasy an over under pass?

Roger

ps  perhaps we could get him digging the foundations he is good at digging?

Oh, Gosh, yes, well, er , I'm sure that British engineering, the finest in the world, and one may I say that every other country in the world is just wetting its pants to do business with,  will find that the merest perfuffle to solve.   In fact probably, no certainly, I'm absolutely convinced of the fact, that they will think of something.    Probably like this, which if I may say so, is no pons assinorum!    Ha-ha-aha-ha-a!      

R-L drive side bridge swap.png

I rather like France...... They are not that far away anyway - and we've already got a tunnel.  Actually, the problems are further west where the distances are far too long to tunnel/bridge.  This means that the ferry companies can (and do) charge stupid money.  They even think they have the right to tax your holiday by charging according to the time you are away.

Can actually be cheaper to fly and hire a car when you get there (and save you a days driving at each end probably).  Just means that you have to put up with whatever nasty plastic box the hire companies are offering.

Might do Switzerland by Triumph again this year but will go via Dover for that one.  Might not be able to get off the island next year - thanks BoJo! :down:  May the fleas of thousand camels infest your armpits!

Nick

3 hours ago, PaulAA said:

The bridge will not occur and BoJo knows it. 

I think he has a thing for bridges that won't get built. As Mayor of London he strongly back the proposed Garden Bridge over the Thames, I think they spent something like £25M getting  to the point where the project was canned.

Alan