• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

I think it's due to the TimTams.

Never underestimate the power of TimTams; they are the greatest confectionary creation the world has ever known. When I used to have to travel to New Zealand fairly regularly the anticipation of Tim Tams sustained me through the hellish 24 hour flights. On the return journey, half my suitcase was full of them for family members who were similarly obsessed. They are available in the UK now but try them at your peril, there's no going back. 

Adrian

26 minutes ago, Hamish said:

I feel I can discuss chocolate biscuits- highly qualified

From within the industry or as a connoisseur?

27 minutes ago, Hamish said:

your computer work I admire. But don’t understand

Likewise...... though having successfully got an middle-aged laptop spiced up with a new SSD hard drive and fresh W10 and a moderately elderly one completely wiped and reloaded with Cinnamon (because I could) with only fairly modest levels of cussing, my confidence levels are slightly raised.  Wait for the readjustment I'm surely due!

Don't chocolate biscuits have infantile names? 

Oreo, babies say that.   TimTam, toddlers say that.   KitKat, Hobnob, "Jammie Dodgers"etc., etc.

Just saying.   There are others, of course, "Garibaldi" , Ginger Nuts, Penguins, but the tendency is there.   

John

17 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Day 302.

I think it's fair to say I've been spending too many hours at this law firm waiting for processes to finish.

Well sir 

we tried but we couldn’t win your - appeal, terribly sorry

you'll have to carry on here for the whole of your contract. Er sorry sentence.