TRR - new Forum Rules

Rod1883

Not sure I really want to agree to the new rules that contain:

4.1 When using this Forum, you agree not to: 

4.1.12 Post content that is critical of the Club, its members, staff, officials, board of Directors, Advertisers, A-Plan (TR Register Insurance) or other Club partners. 

4.1.14 Post content in relation to Club director elections, or other matters relating to AGM’s or EGM’s.

Trouble is, you can't get in now without clicking the 'I Agree' box!

Might leave it a few days and see how many more come here.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And me.  Not at all happy about those conditions - it would seem that only members who attend local group meetings will be able to discuss such topics.  I thought one of the recommendations of the recent 'wise men' review was the forum should be treated as a group i  its own right.

RobH

I am hoping (and, possibly, even expecting) those two parts of the new rules to be changed - as mentioned, they rather fly in the face of one of the recommendations from the three wise men.

Apart from anything else, looks like I might have to moderate the Chairman's recent post...!!!

A deliberate ploy me thinks. I only renewed my membership on the 24/10/18, I've already resigned from Derbyshire Dales Group as a matter of principle (although according to our new VC i didn't need to as your a TRR Member only - still trying to work that one out)). Loathed to give the TRR the rest of my annual fee for nothing so quite happy to receive my TRAction and run down my membership.

Phil

21 minutes ago, Toronto Tim said:

I am hoping (and, possibly, even expecting) those two parts of the new rules to be changed - as mentioned, they rather fly in the face of one of the recommendations from the three wise men.

Apart from anything else, looks like I might have to moderate the Chairman's recent post...!!!

Tim

I am waiting until the dust settles, what they should have done is take time to assess and make changes first, yet another gaff by the BOD's imho

Phil

Odd mixture of the reasonable and extreme rules.    No criticism of the governing committee, or about club business, no pictures of children even your own, no passing on of viruses (as if people, most people , do.itde!iberately!),, No politics,  and so on.     I've always considered that a Message board is like a pub - the conversation can go anywhere.    There are no.rules but if you break them you're banned!    It's the owners place, they decide, but you can decide too, and go elsewhere.

Sidewayzers!   Prepare to welcome boarders!I

John

32 minutes ago, Toronto Tim said:

Seeing as the Chairman's post was mostly about the AGM, then I can't see any other action than to delete it Tim

Well I have clicked “I agree”

for my own reasons. 

Mainly it’s a good community of helpful like minded enthusiasts. 

And I find they have re named members chat “Alec’s Inn”

a welcome tribute and a compromise as a stand alone forum of this name was voted against. 

I also belive that in time the discussion restrictions around the club and its management will be relaxed as recommended by the 3 wise men review ( IRP)

H

Edited by Hamish
Added info

3 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

While Alec Pringle certainly deserves lasting recognition, I am sure he would have very strongly disapproved of the recent events and in particular 4.1.12.

I believe that will be amended. 

The new chairman has posted and it appeared to be a very measured and bridge building balances statement. 

Time will obviously tell. 

But I am an advocate of being in a position to have a say to effect a change. 

H

I understand your position fully. 

We all make our choices and without the forum my car would be in more bits than it is already. 

It has saved me £thousands by providing advice to do diy work. 

And if I am in the club / forum I can nudge the 3 wise men recommendations forward. 

H

There is no point whatsoever in the Chairman posting on the Forum after blowing up the bridges in the certain knowledge that the 'TRoublemakers' (as the Hon. President branded us) will not sign up to 4.1.12 & 4.1.14.   Whilst some people did post recklessly and without sufficient thought, the majority of us posted constructively with concern only for the good reputation and future of the club in which many of us have been active members for many years.  It's all just a TRagedy :(

While the door of Alec's Inn might be open the shutters are still firmly down at the bar.

The new rules forbid discussion of so many subjects it's difficult to know exactly what will be allowed.

Our new Chairman has already broken the new rules.

Surely the implementation of these rules could have been delayed while decisions were taken on what tweaking they need.

We are back in the situation where the BoD make it up as they go along & look where that has got us in the recent past.

Dave

I'm never going to sign up to those rules. Intolerance is not a sign of a healthy club administration. I do not intend to wait to see if the new board is any better than the old. TRR is heading uncontrollably downhill, as Darren's expulsion revealed. These new rule would prohibit any critcism of the board. Nasty, really nasty.   My silence on TRR will be permanent, and the sub not renewed.

Thank you Sideways for providing a home for technical discussion and a tolerant podium for talking over the many non-motoring impacts upon out varied lives.

Peter