3 sisters sprint - the video

Hamish

Great video Hamish.

I must admit that I was slightly disappointed as I was expecting some three 'sister' action, but instead got some bloke in an old Triumph!!

Interesting to see you using the O/D in some corners. I presume you have O/D on 2nd and this provide a useful ratio between 2nd and 3rd.

Nice 'save' by the way!

Ian

Enjoyed that Hamish, you were evidently pushing it to the limit - plenty of tyre squeal and nearly ending up sideways! Good catch. 

Can you explain the handicap to a non-racing dunce please? Is it judged on how many seconds faster you are compared to your handicap time? 

Engine seems well enough….. :biggrin:

Looks like a fun little circuit and as for your little “moment”, your cat-like reflexes caught it early enough that it hardly shows in real time and doesn’t really cost much speed or spoil your line into the next corner.

First in class (is that all the TRR group in this case?) on handicap is good enough for me.

:goodjob:

2 hours ago, PeteStupps said:

Can you explain the handicap to a non-racing dunce please? Is it judged on how many seconds faster you are compared to your handicap time? 

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement guys 

Pete

basically yes.

the TR Register has a championship - but open to all Triumph cars.

there are 3 classes

class 1 basically road going with very little modification allowed and you have to drive to the event.

Class 2 road going - modified - can be trailered, and a better choice of wheels and tyres, suspension, carbs etc

Class 3 anything that doesn't fit in the above - typically the full race cars.

then EACH of these classes are split in to power to weight ratio bands.

so eg mine is class 2 (a) a is up to  130BHP/tonne - i am about 125/T.

then each of these sub classes has a "target time" or bogey time  - for a track or track layout.

then there is a calculation (spreadsheet) that does an equation for your actual time to the target time  plus some other stuff.

thus i can beat bigger (CC)and or  faster cars by getting proportionally closer to or beat my target time than they do theirs- their target time being faster.

the past champion X2 has had a class 1 car !!

links here

link to the  regs - this shows classes and time calcs

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/uploads/2021/02/03/2021-Regulations-V2-january-2021_1.pdf

the "bogey times" ( for some reason missing the 3 sisters 2 lap course my bogey time was 96s ( this will now be reset to my actual time as i  did with the other 3 sisters layout in 2019 which is why its a precise number in the 2a column.)

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/uploads/2021/02/18/The-Revington-TR-bogeys-rev-21.1.pdf

hope that helps (a little)  you did ask !!!!!!!!!

so if you have a triumph come and join the fun

H

Nick

yes at events we are just one class so the fastest car and driver always gets the prizes- so when steve small is in class its a fight over the best of the rest as he has a  450/500bhp V8 tr7 full race spec and telemetry so he checks after every run on his laptop where he can do better.

and worse than that he is a really nice bloke !!

ian 

i was sorely tempted to make more of the "3 sisters action " click bait good for viewing figures i believe........

yes its a TR6 box (so synchro on all gears) and A type OD 2,3,4 but with my gearing OD3rd is the same as 4th.

Edited by Hamish
added info

• 4 weeks later...