1st hill climb Shelsley 1st June

At last I can look forward to the first event of the season for me. 
the short but challenging Shelsley hill on the 1st of June.

they must be very packed as they have put the triumph class on the spectator road (?) rather than the paddock.

it has been a slow and late start for me , that I haven’t got excited about.

Plans for fibreglass panels but that was out the window as they were so far off from fitting.

plans for and roll bar tube bought for under dash hoop and door bars but pipe bender and welder is too busy with rally car prep. ( fingers crossed I don’t need it)

but tonight the final regs arrived so I now have my race number.

so now I can really prepare :biggrin: so is it tyre checks, flooding carbs check, steering, brakes?

nope it’s numbers on :rolleyes:

But on the day, if it’s warm and dry I will try and beat my PB of 38.21.

some fast cars and drivers in the class so really not expecting a class podium. 
possibly points on handicap!

think order of 

Steve small

len olds

larry j-c

me :confused:

is Martin Dyson known on sideways ?

51937D2E-9CF7-4E24-91D5-DA4B372E29B2.jpeg

4483472D-AEED-4A8F-B28A-DA4AF6555275.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Hamish, wanted for some time to visit Shelshley, but what's it like for spectatoring?

I realise it's just a point and squirt eventually, just wondered if you get to see much.

Toss up at the mo between watching you or John D at Silverstone....but can always watch John on the 23rd instead.

1 hour ago, Steve 13-60 said:

Hi Hamish, wanted for some time to visit Shelshley, but what's it like for spectatoring?

I realise it's just a point and squirt eventually, just wondered if you get to see much.

Toss up at the mo between watching you or John D at Silverstone....but can always watch John on the 23rd instead.

It’s a good hill to watch and most watch at or approaching the Essess half way up. But it’s steep to walk. If the weather is good it’s brill.

full access to the paddock.

this chap just doesn’t get his track time moneys worth

where as this old boy in his old car does

and you can see where people like to watch

you'd be very welcome. And we have a fair variety of triumphs

• Like 1

Morning Hamisg, hoping to drive down on the Friday night, staying in the campervan so can make a full day of it. Google maps shows campervans on the field at the side, but the official website doesn't mention being able to stay there. So how/where do I find out where to stay?

Cheers, Steve