Unknown GT6 owner needs to be contacted before his car is disposed of...

JohnD

Andy Cook, well known as a Triumphero, but not of these parts, has spotted a potential tragedy over on Facebook.

Hi, please see the screenshot below. The owner of this GT6 needs to be contacted otherwise the car is being disposed of, so if anyone knows who owns it please pass this message on so they can respond on the Triumph GT6 facebook group and save their car.

ownerless GT6.jpg

But! Hold the Front Page!  Over on the OP's own Fb page, he has found the owner!  See: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2555366852/user/1208117603

John

19 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

The link doesn't work - or maybe it's because I don't do faceache.....?

From what I can see of it it looks like a pretty decent car - and for some reason the reg rings a bell, though I don't know why.......:confused:

The link is broken (as someone who does do faceache) but as the owner was found it may be the post in question was removed, a common occurrence on Facebook when issues like this are solved.

Link is limited to members of that particular group - one of facebooks awesome features...  On the flip side, the global reach of the big F meant the car owner was quickly located.

Would be interested to hear the backstory, but the owner (Peter Dixon?) stated he thought it was at a paint shop being painted.  Hopefully there's a non expensive happy ending.

9 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Hopefully there's a non expensive happy ending.

Indeed.

But there appears to be a quirk in the UK legal system that allows goods “seized” when a company goes bust to get put in the pool of assets even when they quite clearly belong to someone else.  I have encountered a couple of such situations professionally over the years , one of which had a happy ending for us (only because we were tipped off and managed to recover the £75k worth of Monel and duplex ss bar stock before the receivers got there) and the other which did not, with £23k worth of pumps basically stolen by a national water plc when one of their subcontractors went bust. Though apparently the theft was legal…..

Not clear what has happened here but sounds like it might be ok…..