The rebuild that goes one step foward two back!

michaeljf

It’s tight…… but looks as though you could rotate a few degrees clockwise to move the canister away from the slave cylinder?

Will you be fitting an oil cooler? If not, be aware that you cannot just blank off the cooler connections as there is no internal oil path. An external loop is needed. The non-cooler version of the adapter has an extra internal drilling

Hello Nick, It is rotated a few degrees clockwise otherwise it would hit on the slave cylinder and if I were to rotate it a few more degrees clockwise it would hit on the slave cylinder again! (it's THAT close). I was unaware of the internal workings of the oil filter adaptor, so that could have been a very expensive disaster. Thank you very much Nick! I was not going to fit an oil cooler unless needed. Some instructions/information with the adaptor would have been helpful (another rimmers buy) Regards, Michael. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, Well, backward steps, forward step, got all the cars mobile, wheels changed, tyres pumped up,16 lots of brakes freed up (two I couldn't get at) and two that were free! now waiting for the rain to back off for a while to get in to get them out. Oh and yes the project! got some more parts and some that havn't turned up (From China, now in discussion with Paypal) . Was getting an electronic tachometer (from a 2.5 PI) set up to fit the TR but it seems it is not going to work with the 123 electronic ignition!  Fitting new uni-joints to the drive shafts to mate up to a set of Good Parts hubs as the cv joint set up that I have started is going to take too long and complicated/cost more than the new Good Parts Hubs. Regards, Michael.

2 hours ago, michaeljf said:

Was getting an electronic tachometer (from a 2.5 PI) set up to fit the TR but it seems it is not going to work with the 123 electronic ignition!

There are two types of these. Earlier RVI (current sensing) and later RVC voltage sensing. As the 123 uses a fairly conventional coil I’d have though either would work if correctly connected.

Hello Nick, I know, any excuse, oh well.(at least a legitimate one). The CV's were going to be long winded and time consuming and it's all taking far far too long, plus those Good parts are a joy to behold. Regards, Michael. + if I don't get a leg on my brother will have his TR4A back on the road before me.