Blew a radiator hose

RedRooster

blew the top radiator hose on the Sprite yesterday after a sprited run, managed to effect a road side repair once it cooled down and got home ok.

Is there anything i should check on the engine as obviously it all got rather hot but it ran fine after a good cool off and oil levels were fine.

RR

ps

ordered a complete set for spares in the boot as realised i was a bit exposed also some more clips as they don't always want to work a 2nd time around, already got a spare set of hoses in the 6.

2 hours ago, PeterC said:

Using silicone sealant can allow a hose to slide off. Been there...........

Peter

What does seal hoses is silicone TAPE.      Can be used over the hose, to seal a crack/hole, or under it on the fitting.   Excelent stuff, IMHO, if fiddly to use.

John

12 minutes ago, JohnD said:

What does seal hoses is silicone TAPE.      Can be used over the hose, to seal a crack/hole, or under it on the fitting.   Excelent stuff, IMHO, if fiddly to use.

John

I've used self-amalgamating tape in the past. Might be the same stuff............very stretchy.

Peter

i keep a roll of 

http://www.repairingproducts.co.uk/product/kraken-silicone-repair-leak-tape-size-24mm-x-3-6m/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl4Ov6v-l4wIVRTbTCh0Aiw0BEAQYAiABEgKqxvD_BwE

in the tool box, apart from hose fixes i repaired the cover of a cv joint that had splitfor one of the local lads, mot tester passed it as it was sealed aginst the ingress of dirt or water :thumbsup:

alan