Odd Behaviour Of This Site

JohnD

All, esp. mods and gurus,

Clicked on my 'Favourites' entry for Sideways today, and the Firewall and hard drive went into overdrive.

"Malicious website!" shouted the firewall, and the task manager showed a lot of activity in the CPU.

So I went to this site by Googling for it, in case I had a corrupted address.

Got in, but all the formatting to pot, looks very different. No forums or threads.

Tried again just now and here I am, but clicking on one of the "Recent posts" gets this:

"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ctrimble/public_html/forums/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:6) in /home/ctrimble/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114"

Plus more lines of the same warning with different, higher line numbers.

The site has lost the usual appearane. The "Recent posts" column is way down the bottom, and not in it's own column; The forums sprawl all over the screen, and the font is bigger than normal.

I should say that I got a similar warning from the Firewall yesterday, when I visited Ten-Tenths. Got in there and it looks completely normal. My firewall is Norton's, plus Ad-AWare Antivirus.

What's up, Doc?

John

Mine still screwing around today (same messages by the looks). Interestingly this seems to be Firefox related...... can't get in at all right now from Firefox but straight in using Chrome......

Got growing number of issues with Firefox (and a bit of surfing suggests not just me) so may have to dump it.

Nick

Seems to be working, if a little oddly, using Firefox (version 16.0.2, OS WIndows 7 SP1) . However, it seems Microsoft's security scan found a Firefox file it did not recognise. Something is awry somewhere. We're all doomed, doomed, doomed I tell ye.

J2

Edited by pomwah

As it turned out, we'd been hit by the very exploit the patch had been put out to fix. Hackers always get the first swing...

The good people who provide the software we run on have now fixed the error, checked our files, and declared us free from further infection.

I made sure they used N.O.S. files...

Apologies for the hassles, we're back on line.

C.

What a fun thing on a holiday!

I just got this in the DC welder thread:

URL Blocked

Access to this web site was blocked by an IT URL Filtering policy because of its category.

Event Details: URL: http://sideways-technologies.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/6324-welder-110vdc-input/unread/ Category: Disease Vector If you believe this URL was blocked in error, please contact your IT staff to resolve this issue.

Strange

Cheers

Nick

Strangely or not, the TRR MsB is now under attack. My Norton lights up with a "Malicious Cookie Website" warning when I go there. Everything back to normal here, as far as I can tell. Well, as far as sideways does 'normal' . JOhn

Edited by JohnD

All part of the friendly service, that's why I get the big salary round here...

Actually I'm just bloody annoyed that it happened.

Just finished an awesome 8 hour drive in the Mustang up Highway One from Anaheim to Monterey, I'll write it up when I get the chance.

Off for dinner in Cannery Row, then San Fran tomorrow. Vegas Wednesday night, hopefully catching up with Steve while we're there. Sure beats working!

John I'm not surprised if other sites are getting hit, the php injection nastie is a neat piece of work, and is being deployed on a wide scale. Keep your 'lectric friends firewalls up, and scan anything that looks awry.

C.