Nick B's Spitfire M3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Argh. CRAP

Paint started peeling of. I did a little sanding and realised that the monkeys who painted the car did a shit job prepping. So surface rust is attacking the entire tub under the paint.

SHIT SHIT SHIT

Cheers

Nick

Bugger, don't hold back Nick, tell us, and the spray painter, what you really think! :(

These bodged paint jobs are beginning to worry me. I hope to get my Mk2 off to the blaster and painter within two weeks. She will no longer be green! I've waited for summer to give the paint the best chance of sticking properly.

You've done so much work, don't stop now.

Cheers,

J2.

The painter is long gone. Moved on probably bodging other peoples cars in another part of the country.

I will have to sort things out somehow. Perhaps a complete sanding is needed?

Will not stop - this was my first car ever - it is a keeper :-)

Cheers

Nick

Somehow I don't believe its a good idea... :mage:

(and never been good with a paintgun in my hands)

Nick - you will have to sand it all off down to bare metal and then leave it to a painter you trust B)

Edited by JMH

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Nick

noticed you will be putting on dellorto 40s at some point, i am trying to set up my Mini 1360, 7port crossflow head, and a swifttune SW5 cam, with them but having problems finding specs where to start as i bought my carbs secondhand and i believe they were set up for a 2ltr ford. Also interested in installing a Megajolt system.

Glen

• 3 months later...

There is actually quite a few, and it wasn't mine you saw. Mine has been taken apart, and will be trailered to the painter tomorrow. All because the "proffesional" who did a complete paintjob on the bare shell 5 years ago apparently forgot to prime it, so now it is rusty again.

Cheers

Nick

I would guess more the 300 spitfires on the road here in Denmark... Double that if you count all projects hiding in barns....

Did you stay during 1.may? There is a tradition showing classics at 'Kastellet' in the centre of Copenhagen...

Edited by JMH

I wasn't there on the 1st — just last Friday to Sunday.

We went to the trashy amusement park on Saturday (I forget the name) and they had a display of classics that drove around. A nice mix of American and British along with a few other oddities.

I saw the Spitfire outside Nikolaj Kunsthal.

is the one on the right female? What clue are you picking up on for that characterisation?

Pretty sure the one on the left is female. Not completely sure about the one on the right........... could be either......

"Bogan"..... new one on me so I looked 'em up

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bogan&defid=703191

Pretty sure bogan = chav in uk speak.

Nick