For the Car Design Dept. of Sideways University

JohnD

This car has appeared on the PistonHeads page, What car is this? - Page 1 - Classic Cars and Yesterday's Heroes - PistonHeads UK   Other pics on that page

iUrgJSvW.jpg

Correctly IDed, I think, as a Bond, but it's either an unusual; model, or has been modified.

The front wheel arches have been extended more than  a "cheeky little bit", so different front end/whole chassis?

And the back end/boot looks more like an Ashley hardtop for a Spitfire/

Altogether, quite a bitsa!  But nicely done.  Could it be a factory design mule?

Any Bond experts about?

John

• Like 1

Not a Bond fan myself.

Looks to be based on either the GT or GT4S judging by the rear quarter lights. Basically Herald 13/60 with 1300 Spit engine.

Difficult to be sure from that pic but possibly the mods made improve its looks (low bar to clear imo)

It’ll quite likely disintegrate when moved - their special skill is rotting to almost nothing while outwardly appearing sound. The wisdom of retaining the original Triumph steel in all rot-prone areas - the GRP being cosmetic areas only 

On 10/23/2023 at 10:59 AM, Nick Jones said:

Not a Bond fan myself.

Looks to be based on either the GT or GT4S judging by the rear quarter lights. Basically Herald 13/60 with 1300 Spit engine.

Difficult to be sure from that pic but possibly the mods made improve its looks (low bar to clear imo)

It’ll quite likely disintegrate when moved - their special skill is rotting to almost nothing while outwardly appearing sound. The wisdom of retaining the original Triumph steel in all rot-prone areas - the GRP being cosmetic areas only 

Yeah, all of the above really.

Plenty of offset/spacers on the front methinks :biggrin:

Nice stone building in the background has had a bit of a going over too sadly

Edited by Escadrille Ecosse