Sign in to follow this  
PaulAA

Clutch master cylinder

Gents

I bought one of these from one of the usual suppliers, part no. 154933 (lhd) or 154932 (rhd), barely more than a year ago and it is already leaking.  Is this a common problem with replacement clutch master cylinders?  Any suggestion for something more reliable? New or is it better to source a refurbed one?

Thanks

Paul

is it a girling/TVS one. I hope not as I have just fitted one....

I know the dolomite club offer a refurb service with a new stainless liner fitted to the cylinder. So must be available elsewhere. Worth a thought. At least I hope so.

It seems to be a problem with most Girling style master cylinders these days.

Had this recently with the Vitesse Brake m/c. It’s a .625 and a proper copy (Lucas Delphi). Wasn’t leaking much, but not done much work either. I fitted a new seal kit as the bore looked fine and that seems to have stopped it, but the old seals seemed visually fine too......

Meant to add..... the one in my A6 is original, as is the clutch. 24 years, 333k miles..... quality gear that...... shows what is possible.

Thanks for the feedback.  I mulled over refurbing the m/c myself and found this video, but decided against it when I saw the amount of blood loss involved at the end:

I searched for a re-lining offer, but nothing has appeared yet.

It's really easy...... even I can usually manage one of these without a blood sacrifice......

Hello All

I can not believe you would not wash the Cr**p off before starting to dismantle unless you was doing it a the side of the road.

As Nick said it is easy not sure about honing the bore if it is that bad!

Roger