• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Recent Posts

• Yeah…. “None of the above” or “no confidence”.   Have had this conversation a number of times with Australians (where voting is of course compulsory) and generally the feeling is that this option is not offered as it would win too often.  Hmm… can see this from both sides. Find it difficult to criticise the disaffected for having insufficient confidence in the process to get involved based on the utter shit-shows they’ve witnessed in their lifetimes!
    • Full list of candidates   Lady Lily The Pink Brecon, Radnor and Cwm Tawe Citizen Skwith Brighton Pavilion Mark Citizen Lawrence Chelmsford Lord Psychobilly Tractor Crewe and Nantwich Martin Hogbin East Surrey Hoo-Ray Henry Ely and East Cambridgeshire Knigel Knapp Hackney North and Stoke Newington Nick the Incredible Flying Brick Holborn and St Pancras Nicholas Robert Blunderbuss Green Kenilworth and Southam A. Gent Chinners Kingston and Surbiton Ezechiel Adlore Leicester South Iconic Arty-Pole Louth and Horncastle Baron Von Thunderclap Mid Sussex Mad Hatter New Forest East Howling ‘Laud’ Hope North East Hampshire Barmy Brunch North East Somerset and Hanham Sir Archibald Stanton Richmond and Northallerton Mad Mike Young Sittingbourne and Sheppey Earl Elvis of East Anglia South West Norfolk Titus Anything Stafford Sir Grumpus L Shorticus Ynys Môn James Antony Lionel Michael Rust Blackpool North and Fleetwood Howling Laud Hope – Loony Party Leader
    • I don't think £500 is a particularly high deposit. It covers postage for one mailshot to your area and so on. It must make a loss..... Sadly we don't have a MRLP candidate in Hove, but there is one in Brighton. I hear their party conference was a hoot, held in a pub in Wales. And it was more of a party than anything else, Boris would have been jealous! I always feel compelled to vote for somebody, though I do wish there was a "none of the above" choice. It would be an interesting exercise to see how many people would choose that. Especially if voting was compulsory. (But that is daft, so many people don't bother or care, so deserve whatever they get given or taken away)
    • I have a copy of his splendid 'Rock and Horror' LP on vinyl. I remember one of the MRLP policies was to install exercise bikes in all public parks. The bikes were to be attached to generators, these being used to supply free electricity to local OAP's Our Glorious Leaders think it is A Bad Thing to allow people to vote for stupid policies so they impose a high deposit to stand as a candidate. The Rawanda policy cost half a billion pounds and succeded in sending two people to Rawanda so thats certainly not a stupid policy (let alone morally indefensible)
    • This is a picture of a pre-engaged type showing a series wound field. The solenoid is twin winding like mine.
    • Hi, I could be losing the field as you said. Crap. Cheers, Iain.
    • Hello All               It's like the old saying 6d for doing the job but £5 for knowing how and still holds true with a bit of inflation? Roger ps My big old lathe has a tapered nose with a key and a screw collar that pulls the chuck onto the taper so can be run in reverse(not that I can) pps The moderen little Chink one is held on by bolts so can still go in reverse! ppps John look for a cheap small 3 jaw chuck you can grip in the 4 jaw one which you will use most of the time as clocking up a 4 jaw takes time and often over kill for what you are doing? This size would do you but look for a used one but with inside and outside jaws 3 Jaw Self-Centring Mono Block Chucks - Chucks For Metal Lathes (chesterhobbystore.com)
    • The WOSP starter is connected shunt-field, I believe.        
    • Hi, I used to have my timing set to 20 BTDC during the start so this was my first thought. I reset it to 10 BTDC & it made no difference, unfortunately. My ECU does not have a scope function but from experience, cheap resistive leads do indeed cause me major problems due proximity of cables & coil pack. I installed better leads and rewired the crank reluctor sensor with a new cable shielded at the ECU end only. I might have to revisit it as this is the best scenario.  I have been sitting on a new EMU black for the last two years, time to fit as this has the scope function & I will have to rewire it.  I am using the WOSP GT6 starter motor and last time I checked it was pulling 150Amps maximum. It's not a PM & I have no idea if the field is shunt, series or compound field. always assumed a series field, hence not understanding why the high current.  I believe the volt-drop on battery terminals points to this. I haven't reached the point where I am scared to stop the engine in traffic because of the limited frequency of the issue. I will fit another voltage data logger to the SM terminals to see what the actual voltage during starting is and see if it will capture when it dips. I am going to upgrade the main cable as it looks like 25mm2. Maybe the higher current/RPM will "fix" it for good. Flywheel was loose several years ago and made a horrible racket.  I hope its noise. Thanks, Iain.   
  • Topics