Wanted Urgently Vitesse 2Ltr Front Hubs

Can't help, but interested in the hub issue. I presume you will then need the change wheel bearings and stub axles??

If it helps (probably not) my last spit had GT6 discs fitted to the std spit hubs/uprights, and used princess 4 pot calipers. So the discs should fit ok?.

If you change the hubs you will also need to change the stub axles as the bearings are different. Don't know if the bigger stub axle fits your VLs. Not quite sure what you are aiming at - as Clive says you should be able to fit the bigger discs to the existing hubs - the problem comes with fitting the caliper as the brackets are wrong for the 16P calipers and I think the offset is also wrong. However I think you may be able to use Princess calipers - or better, the HiSpec aluminium copies of them which can be used with Capri 2.8 vented discs if you get the wider versions.

Nick

I've fitted the larger discs to the hubs ok and have the correct mounts for16P calipers.

I think my problem is going to be that the calipers will come into contact with the hubs.

I am awaiting delivery tomorrow of 16P calipers but have had a trial fit using spaced 16P calipers (for 2.8 capri discs) they dont fit and it looks like standard 16P's won't either. Hence my question.

where are they toughing? any chance you can use washers to move the caliper away from the disc (towards centre of the car)

The alternative may be to have the hubs skimmed a little on the face to move the disc the other way I had that done to get capri discs to fit some sense.

In fact twice, initially one chap got it a bit wrong :verymad:

Should have listened to Nick weeks ago when he first suggested Hispec calipers, but I thought going my route would work out cheaper thinking that stuff was all interchangeable. Shows how much I dont know. Any how WINs has the items in stock new and second hand. Then I'll have some surplus 12P kit that might suit somebody.

So today a refurbed set of 16P's turned up and it looks like a little bit of grinding to the calipers and hub would probably do the trick and make every thing fit. But have decided to upgrade to to 2ltr spec which I think will probably work out for the best as the 2.8 capri discs (future upgrade) didnt seem to fit to well with the 12P setup.

You're looking at the uncompressed length.

The wire thickness of the lowered spring is much thicker increasing it's poundage, making it harder to compress.

You don't give the part numbers so it's impossible to say, but I bet the difference on the car won't be much over 1".

Fred