Group 44 Spitty, It Should Polish Out !

Royboy66

:o Roll cage did well :blink:

Shaft (or UJ) snapped at inner end I guess - which means you get a nice sticky tyre not moving/point in wrong direction for the car to trip over...... When they snap at the outer end and the wheel comes off they seem more likely to stay right way up - but you are still a passenger......

Nick

Gotta love those mallock's brings back lots of childhood memories, i grew up around them, seriously quick cars before the gould's etc came on the scene with their modern tech

Matt, I thought the Mallocks were Antipodean, How did you come to have so many in your neighborhood?

Nope. English and mostly originally intended for speed hillclimbing and sprinting. Some very cunning raiding of OEM parts bins went. A very good friend ran one for quite few years and got very good results on a modest budget. That one started life with a Ford crossflow, Ford gearbox, Morris Minor back axle and GT6 vertical links and front brakes. Light, fast and very well balanced. He added a Vauxhall XE making a torquey 200bhp, which made it properly quick. He was the first to put this engine in that chassis series and had a good chat with Ray Mallock (who is very much an enthusiast) about it at one meeting.

http://www.rmlmallock.co.uk/web/News/news/132

Nick

Very much brittish, can't quite remember the old boys friend that used to run on of the most succesful ones in the uk, but his son and daughter used to drive it too until she wrote it off

A guy called John Fyda (built up a very very good engineering company called ARGRA engineering) used to have the most mental one as i remember (apart from Nick Mann's manic beattie which was based on one but used a wessex helicopter starter motor to spool the turbo attached to it's DFV, but then he was mental)

Check out http://www.ingliston-circuit.co.uk/ i live 5 mins away, my childhood was on a trailer sat in the paddock as the old boy raced away, unfortunately the RAC shut the place down in the late 80s due to safety concerns (no run offs) but it was a brilliant place to go purely cause of that, you could get within 10" of the cars.

Davrians and Mallocks were my favourite.

When I first saw it my thoughts were that it was a Mallock but it looked too small to me. Could possibly be a 750 Formula car as many were Mallock influenced but on a smaller scale and fitted initially with the Austin 7 engine, then the Reliant and currently a small Fiat.

Pete Richards