Not enough Ranting!

Oh yeah, the weather forecast gives us a max of 13 to 15 degrees today  :o in mid-July a few days before my birthday  :'(

And it will continue not much better during the next days .... It actually feels like the end of September ...

Steve id swap the heat anyday for rain, fed up of rain and snow.

Jeez Matt!,

Totally agree!  It's brutal heat but I like it.  Rain is welcomed here when we get it, even the flooding can be dealt with.  I'd not trade it for the wet.  I am solar powered and start to wither in extended periods of shadow.  I had a bunch of friends in Seattle Washington but after two weeks in their environment (similar to yours) I was ready to head south again.

(RANT ON)

Trouble is, technology has brought Air Conditioning to homes and cars so a lot of non-desert dwellers have flocked to our sunny climes.  Then, they whine incessantly, NON-STOP, about the heat.  They mock me, it's become a cliche, when I remind them "it's a desert".  They'll run out on the front porch, suck their fag as fast as possible and then come back to the AC and spend the next 15 minutes bitchin' about it.  What are they gonna do when the AC doesn't protect them?  My Hampshire born bride was one of them until I got her acclimated.  You must adapt to survive ;D

That said, I'd last about one week in GT's Baltic winters or even the US's Eastern seaboard.  Screw that!

(RANT OFF)

Matt, I feel for ya... ;)

Tomorrows weather looks ugly for UK.

Mondays cycle to work was 'entertaining'. Piss wet through, but who cares.

Got off the bike tonight after cycling home- lovely ride, warm and a tail wind and as my wife let me in the house saying: "its going to hammer down tomorrow when you go back to work". Fab ::).

Still, had a fab day today at work, skipped off work for an hour and popped in to see an old friend. Mmmm.... :)

I think I must also be (as Steve so delightfully put it) 'solar powered'.  As there is sod-all sun about I'm operating at very low power and can't muster the energy for a decent rant.  All this cold and damp makes my bones ache.  It's not being 41 that pisses me off, it's feeling 82....... and an old 82 at that :(

Nick

now i cant deal with cold all my health problems have been worse in he witer, but now i cant deal with  much heat either as i get dehydrated 10x quicer than a normal person! sucks! mid 20's to 30 is nice for me!

now i cant deal with cold all my health problems have been worse in he witer, but now i cant deal with  much heat either as i get dehydrated 10x quicer than a normal person! sucks! mid 20's to 30 is nice for me!

You actually compare yourself to a normal person Jony...............you aint even human laddie. :P

Every year Diane and I take our holiday in June because we prefer the less hot.................for the last 3 years we have chosen a week that coincides with a heatwave..............so a couple of weeks ago we fly out of the grey wet drizzle of Gatwick and 1.5 hours later we step out at Pisa (Italy) to 35 deg and the very next day it goes 40 deg, even the locals were melting! it stayed above 35 deg all week :)

I went to the sahara in august now that is hot, my mobile phone broke wandering the desert it took 3 days for it to start working again, the locals were telling us that in the day if you leave your car out the dashboard starts to melt. And yet whilst i was there their was a kinda mini dakar rally going on and all i wanted to do was have a shot, but at 300 quid an hour on an enduro bike and a moaning frump of a gf at the time it was a no no. I didnt sleep for the 3 nights we were there (and no i wasnt shaggin, with a moaning bitch next to me all i wanted to do was murder her) even with the a/c on full pelt our room was 23 degrees at night, outside was 30, during the day it topped wy over 40. Totally unbearable but id go back in a flash.

cold makes the metal in my leg tingle, its quite a wierd feeling, but like eating sour sweets, its wierd kinda annoying but you want more.

Jony, Why do you feel you dehydrate so quickly?  Hydration is paramount in the heat.  I recall when Pat first arrived in the desert she had a couple of episodes of passing out in the grocers.  On enguiry it turned out she wasn't drinkin water because "it made her nauseous".  I surmise that drinking water  glass after glass is foreign to you lot, ya seem to get it thru the skin! ;D

After a bit of palaver I got the bright idea to offer her Gatorade.  It's an absolutely marvelous drink designed to support the body when sweating and Praise Be, she liked it.  Problem solved and we've been mixing gallons of it ever since.  Try it if hydration is a problem for you.

It's the middle of winter down here in the southern half, and mid-twenties (Celcius) most days. Perfect weather for Triumph driving or fiddling, you don't have sweat dripping off your nose when bent over the engine bay.

I agree completely with Steve, air con makes for soft whiners. A lot of people here have come from cooler parts of Australia, and struggle with the idea of working ten hours outside. After thirty-five years of living in under-insulated New Zealand houses, I love the heat! It helps that the 'solar panel' is covered by far less hair than it used to be  :-/ If there's even a slight breeze, summer temperatures are not uncomfortable, provided you drink enough. The trick is to have a slurpy bottle, rather than have to remember to have a glass every half hour or so. Four litres a day seems about right. You do feel the heat the day after a tropical thunderstorm, when it's muddy, steaming and high thirties. Uggh!

A lot of people insist on chilling their bedrooms with aircon, and then sleep under a duvet - madness. On all but the hottest nights, I prefer a ceiling fan, and the ever-present bottle of water.

I'd have not thought NZ had the temp extremes.  My Kiwi buddy has painted it as the perfect paradise and I believe him.  The AC and Duvet syndrome makes me laugh because we have that here as well.

Jony, your case is unique, I had no idea.  Do you guys get gatorade in the UK or would that not help?  It has the electrolytes the body needs but your Doctors would've told you about it I'm sure.  It's gonna be a tough Holiday in Vegas for you mate! :P