saloon lighting

SpitmkIIICPH

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of the things I did fairly early on with my MkI, probably not helped by a cracked lens and seals that were falling to pieces as soon as you touched them. Still no idea how effective they are, but no ones driven into the rear of it yet.

consensus seem to be going along the lines of cibies then ;D

I will add som whitish/blue 100w bulbs... should be OK...

aiming for the yet to be announced 2009 Round Denmark Reliability Run ;D Nick B is organising?

Yes, I will be organising Round Denmark 2009. Entry is open - any bidders from UK? It is 1250 miles in 36 hours. Entry is free - just bring your car and tag along.

Cheers

Nick

Yes, I will be organising Round Denmark 2009. Entry is open - any bidders from UK? It is 1250 miles in 36 hours. Entry is free - just bring your car and tag along.

Cheers

Nick

Free, just tag along?  You'll be telling me it's a race next!

Everyone stay calm, that was a joke...... ;D

I've always wanted to go back to Denmark......Hmmmmm.....

Why don't you do these runs in mid summer? Imagine that? Warm and sunny  ;D

As GT points out - summer in denmark - HAHAHAHAHAHA. We have green winters!!  :-/

Besides - warm and sunny is nice in a spitfire - less thrilling in GT6 or saloon!

And Sorbs - it is a race ;D. Just pay your own speedingticket, and avoid hitting other cars. Race theme is a bit less interesting, there will - like RBRR - be controlstops which open at a given time, so whatever time you make from stop to stop, it will be lost waiting for the controlstop to open. However, you might want to know that we don't have any speedcameras in denmark. Thats a good thing. The downside is that the danish policeforce is the most brutal in europe. However, they don't care much about traffic and speeding.

There isn't quite the same buzz as RBRR - in 2007 we were just 9 cars. Hopefully we will be a few more this time.

Pics from the 2007 can be seen here

http://rdrr2007.blogspot.com/

Cheers

Nick

Warm and sunny in Denmark? You jest?

You should have been there these last 2 years....

Danish bacon doesn't come from piggies in clean green fields, but bathing in mud!!  :D

Wrong on that one GT. Danish bacon comes from pigs squezed in stables walking on iron bars. Never seen mud or sun. Oh, and quite possibly a lot of danish bacon comes from danish farmers in eastern europe.

Cheers

Nick

The Mk2 has Cibies - with standard bulbs they were awsome - bright with a nice wide beam pattern.  Prior to the RBRR I fitted a set of osram Nightbreaker bulbs (standard wattage) and the lighting got even better.  No need for extra spotlights and better than the more modern cars I own.  The Stag will be getting a set too I think!

Remaining off topic, sorry, I still like the idea of going over and doing the RDRR. Harwich to Esbjerg looks a reasonable way of getting over from the UK, though the ferries don't look to be as regular as those from Dover to France. Hmm, some more planning required I think (yes)

Yes I saw that, £444 for two people and a car, but it is a longer sailing, knocking off 560 miles and you get a cabin in that price. Compare it to the Dover - Dunkerque ferry, £44, with much more regular sailings, just a longer drive around.

Harwich!

Must be crazy, those east coasters are a rip-off!!

Best way to DK is the LONG drive F-B-Lux-D or B-D Via Aachen-Cologne> then up to Hamburg-Flensburg, but you better not sleep!

You'll NEVER do it in 9hrs, because of the roadworks disease even in my Jag.

My last trip lost more than 3hrs in them alone!

Been there, done that, it's our northern route via DK-Sweden-FIN.  ::)

In fact, the cheapest is to hire a transporter, and get the whole lot taken across for you to North Germany then drive on, as a group deal....saves the stink/breakdowns (or ends up like a 10CR) and you can fly cheap out of Stansted.

I have been in Denmark with a Herald Saloon and some drunken guy in a Golf GTI drove in the back of the car and completely wrecked it  :'(

But he also cracked his own engine block  :P

I don't think that I will ever return to Denmark in a Triumph and beside that there is the 10CR in September 2009.