• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Recent Posts

• Hi, the LM78/79xx are all old hat now. Everything is digital today & much more efficient. You can buy a PCB with an XL6009 IC that will accept a wide input voltage from 5V ~ 32V and provide a fixed (Adjustable) output Voltage from 1.25V ~ 35V. It will not care if the input voltage is higher or lower than the desired output voltage. Cost about a quid. Adjustable output allows you to trim the 100% gauge reading. Cheers, Iain.
    • So, decided to put the kitcar in eBay,had over 1500 views, 80 odd watching. But realised I had shown the wrong carb book in one of the photos. So went to ammend the listing and somehow managed to end the fooker instead and create a duplicate....FFS. So deleted the new listing but the old listing went....together with all the watchers and an offer for 3k that I was probably gonna accept. Then eBay charge me another £30 to relist it. Mind you, I phoned up and moaned and they refunded me the £30. The car is on for £3500, cost me well over 6 to get it in the state it's in. But that's not an issue, it's the building I like. Just haven't got time this year to use it. Ah well, fingers crossed it'll sell soon.
    • And, into each life some rain must fall.    "Points failure" and my fast train past Lancaster to Glasgow is CANCELLED! I must take the slowwwww train to Edinburgh, arriving 90 mins late.  And all the trains on the board have no platforms allocated. Untll a minute ago. Platform 14!  Bang goes my reserved seat, of course.  And look!  I'm on CCTV! John       ,, ,
    • I have a mk4, but sadly the unwiped gap between the wiper blades are fairly far down the list of jobs!
    • What a weekend!   I'm in London, for a reunion of those who shared a house at college. We haven't all met for 50 years!  It went extremely well, reminiscing and learning what has happened to.each other.  A great Saturday evening. While in London, see my grandchildren, so yesterday I did, delightful as ever.  But they had to go back home, they were going to a schoolfriend's birthday party, so I had the evening free - and the Globe has Much Ado about Nothing!  My second favourite play (after Henry5)    This production is right up there with the best that the Globe has done.  Don John's villainy and the near tragedy of Hero and Claudio are given full depth, but the teasing of Beatrice and Benedick into love were never so much FUN! If you are in London and have the time, I can't recommend it more! John
    • It's great that you shared your experience with KSM bearings! This information could be helpful to others looking for good quality replacement bearings. You received KSM RMS8N JAPAN LOT .190822 bearings. You haven't compared them directly to the allegedly lower quality KOR bearings, but you'll be comparing them to an RHP bearing later. Without specialized equipment, it's difficult to definitively assess quality, but having more suppliers for bearings is a positive thing. You can also check quality ball bearings from https://en.tradebearings.com/clist_7.html
    • If your system has a return line going back to the tank, you can set the pressure with the engine running. Adjust the regulator until the gauge reads 2.5-3.0 psi at idle. Since you don't have a return line, set the pressure with the engine off.
    • I have been looking into the catalogue they have for their cam profiles. I am slightly drawn to the ph1/ph2 cams, it's just having someone with the same setup to compare it too, I don't want to spend all this time and money to find I've produced a lemon I would rather pay a little extra for the nitrided followers, I just want zero issues with this engine for at least 30k so I'll opt for anything quality.  I have been meaning to contact Chris about his cam, just to have a chat and to see if he is still doing flowed inlet manifolds.... I have my new one arriving next week that I will need to port out to suit my hs6's and it would be ideal to look into optimising flow. I have been looking through threads on here but always come up with conflicting information I'll be calling Newman in the week to get a quote. Then its just head work and deciding what C.R to run with this cam
    • I have seen Chris's cam options and his slightly more lift mk2 cam profile, is a good contender too. I think it might have just been a bad batch of cams that Steve had the misfortune of having, yourself and many others have had no issues, I don't think Dave would be selling them if they weren't good! It's just the sad reality with these hit or miss quality parts nowadays, so many bad repros, I've been fortunate so far that I've not had any major ones For the cam it's the same money, I do always order from canley but at least with newman I know I'm getting a seriously decent quality cam, just one less thing to worry about!
    • This is something I've been finding as I've been trawling through old threads on here and the tssc forum. I think it's a bad upgrade if you have the standard strombergs but lucky me I've got the hs6 setup! I'd like to stick with that so I think either their own profile or the tr5 one. It would just be nice to find someone with the same setup
  • Topics