• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Recent Posts

• Rheims!   Did you visit Gueux and the Circuit?
    • Watching,  now, "The Zelensky Story".  Extraordinary television! Macron, France's President, talking to Zelensky as the Russians invade.  How did they get that? Zelensky addressing the House of Commons on video.  I knew he had and how it was received, but not how Churchillian was his speech.  Definite echoes of "We will fight them on the beaches" - and they did!   But even Churchill didn't say the like of "Slava Ukrayini" (Glory to Ukraine) and make it mean something. The footage from Bucha,the massacred inhabitants, that was described on the news but never shown.  The lines of body bags, the respect that this comedian gets and  deserves from the people of Ukraine. Made by the BBC  andvthe Open University.  What better reccomendation? John
    • Cheers guys. Tomorrow is the day she comes home to Scotland, then I reckon I need to pick @Escadrille Ecosse brains regarding hillclimby type stuff up here in God's chosen country 
    • 390 ish miles up France today from near Aix le Bains to St Quentin. Almost entirely on D roads and no Peage at all. Yes, it took a while. Around 10 hours (!) but the weather was good enough (just) for topless all the way And this is the way to see France in its considerable glory.  The last leg from Reims though, was still pretty enough (huge sky country), but the roads busier and too many speed cameras. Hopefully I haven’t triggered any, but even keeping track of what random speed limit is in force at the time is a full time job! Tired now. SM deserves an honourable mention for doing some of the driving and most of the navigation. Including getting us around Reims tidily without using any motorways.
    • Fantastic Phil, no better home for it! Enjoy!
    • Likewise, I don't watch nor have a TV. But there is great fun to be had fielding all the threats from the BBC licence stasi! Only have Amazon Prime now.....have y'all watched the last Grand Tour yet? Really tempted now to buy a Stag!
    • Scroll down to this weekends events for entry lists etc https://www.harewoodhill.com/events-list  
    • It’s in production ! 2 day event at Harewood this weekend. My last 2 of the season
    • If I may add a suggestion, which I freely confess I am addicted to? Only Connect - and yes this is a BBC production, so all is not completely lost in the Beeb. In my opinion, an excellent quiz show that is very good at encouraging "outside of the box" thinking. Aside from that, I increasingly find that most of my watching these days comes from online or streaming content. Although admittedly due to my work.
    • Same here, also about 15 years ago. But rest assured that Polish broadcast television is a muuuuuch lower bar than the cornucopia you have in Blighty...
  • Topics