vitesse 1600 bonnet

foshi

I replied but it hasn't registered, foshi!   Are you sure the inlet manifold is original (I think you said, Stromberg's?).   But if it's a 1600, then it has all the ports on the same level - it could not have a saloon manifold fitted!    What have you done with the adjustment on the hinge pivot?

John

running on original manifold, my car was one of the last 1600 which came with the stromberg conversion , i have adjusted the pivots every way i can think of, the engine cannot go any lower just missing steering rack as it is,  at a loss.

Then these are the Strombergs 150CDs on the horizontal manifold rather than the angled conversion ones fitted to the Solex manifold.

has this bonnet ever been on this car before and what work has been done?

can you post some pics? General under bonnet and close-ups of the pivot area.....

foshi, I suspect thast this is one of those problems that is most difficult to diagnose from a distance.

Your personal details don't include your location - perhaps someone here lives nearby, and could pop around to have a look with you?     In a socially distanced way, of course!

John

had a go today to see if i can sort the bonnet issue , have adjusted the rubber cones ,  tried lifting the bulkhead slightly , checked the front bonnet mountings are fitted correctly , now have 1.6mm clearance at the lowest point on the carb dashpot not great but not catching the bonnet . a close look at the bonnet the wings look to have been replaced at some point maybe that could be part of the problem? as the car has good shut lines  i will leave it , try and find a manifold from a early 2lt or gt6 assuming it will fit the 1600 that way the carbs should sit lower paul.