gt6 vert.link dimensions

Hi all, does anybody know the dimensions from a gt6 upright? measured from the outsite of the brake face.

going to make my own vert.links to fit into the 13" steel wheels with disc brake's so need a bit of information just to see if I can be done. 

(I allready have volvo lobro's,  r100 short shafts and mgf uprights)

5a4e020f9bc9f_rotoflexV_link.JPG.69610f67520e93fef6927e6e17145814.JPG

Thanks, Rick

Fabricating your own is quite an ambition!

MGF uprights come with their own discs.     Cutting off the top of the uprright and bolting a piece of Steel tube to take the spring eye did it for me, but it did need fabricated wishbones.

JOhn

John, how often do you need to replace the rose joint? (rod end) i would like to have rubber bushes but the mgf upright is too wide at the bottom. also I like the holes to be in line to make the A-arm easier to fabricate and on the mgf they seem to have a big offset

Rick

On 04/01/2018 at 10:41 PM, lotus62 said:

John, how often do you need to replace the rose joint? (rod end) i would like to have rubber bushes but the mgf upright is too wide at the bottom. also I like the holes to be in line to make the A-arm easier to fabricate and on the mgf they seem to have a big offset

Rick

Sorry missed tbis q until now.  I rebuild every year, using sphericals that cost about £10 each.   Not bank breaking.

On 05/01/2018 at 9:17 AM, lotus62 said:

Hi Steve looking forward to them...  unfortunately I do not have autocad, but if it is the only way to get them I'll visit a customer with the .dwg file as they have autocad 

thanks, Rick

Plenty of free downloadable DWG readers out there.  You won't be able to change anything but you will be able to see it fine.  Some of them even allow you get dimensions.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

John, thanks for the answer, bur a rebuild every year is out of the question (I also have an europa and an esprit competing for attention :biggrin: ) 

Nick, I have seen them before but only after reading your reply I remembered it. 

I am clearing out the garages at the moment just to get some space to work, my god how much shit you collect over the years.  already 3 trips to the waste collectors/recycling points this week.