The mean spit

Almost finished building up the webers heres how they are sat just now:

IMG_3460.JPG

Had a problem with a hole in the hood from one of the poppers so had to do a repair, sewed it on with nylon fishing line, then add superglue to the nylon underneath and it fuses with the hood.

IMG_3459.JPG

hood frame is all but done now, just need to bend it a wee bit as somehow it has ended up a bit lopsided. Now all painted in black and looks great.

IMG_3458.JPG

Only problem i cant solve with the hood is the window gaps, its an annoying little niggle but at least it protects most of the car from the rain.

This is the passenger side which is a little larger than it normaly is due to the frame going lop sided.

IMG_3456.JPG

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just the lack of support down the sides, im currently contemplating stitching in some heavy duty wire cable into the side bits to give them a bit more rigidity yet still allowing it to be rolled up.

Bending the warp out the frame has improved the gap to about half of what it was, didnt have time to improve it anymore in between torrential storms.

Spent the rest of the day re-arranging the shed and tidying preparing for my new toy arriving...

managed to get the drivers window gap down to this:

IMG_3461.JPG

Realised i havent posted any underbonnet pics in a while, few bits and pieces have changed, mostly tidying and new cooling hoses.

New EWP location too, right down low and out the way, had a lot of problems getting it to clear the bonnet in the previous locations.

IMG_3462.JPG

Front end is pretty much complete, just need the numberplate on which is proving to be a bastard due to the curves on the spoiler, trying to get a friend who used to do vinyl designs on helmets to do it for me.

IMG_3463.JPG

The underneath is now plated in aluminium. For various reasons, A) Aero dynamics, B) Smooth Air into the radiator, C) Shielding for the new EWP location.

IMG_3464.JPG

Its annoying me aswell, its just a nightmare to sort, its cause of the shoddy rimmer bros fibreglass pannel, the captive nuts fell out, so i had to replace them and only once it was all together did i realise that the position of their captive nuts it wrong in the first place. Gonna fix it this week, have the week off to finish the car, basically have to strip the quarter panel off and remove it and re-drill the holes. Otherside is from spitbitz and was perfect.

Sorted the winking corner just for jony :P

IMG_3467.JPG

Also tried out my theory for the window gaps and it seems to work damn good.

Piece of steel rope, which is flexible and will fit in the channel down the window sides, will stitch this inbetween the channel.

IMG_3466.JPG

Seems to work damn well.

IMG_3465.JPG

lol the red gt6 type thingie has been getting polished for 3 days now in prepperation for a pistonheads outing.

Seeing it shiny thought i better give the spit its first polish. Its not been touched since the respray.

Just proof of the pudding that the roof fits first in the boot. Just need to protect the fuel pump.

IMG_3474.JPG

The mean look.

IMG_3477.JPG

The rust in the foreground is from the scooby not the spit.

IMG_3478.JPG

Interior is cleaned and ready to be abused.

IMG_3480.JPG

Still running a bit high i reacon, what you guys think?

IMG_3481.JPG

Spoiler looks right at home.

IMG_3480.JPG

Still running a bit high i reacon, what you guys think?

Yes - could go a little bit lower.  I am not to sure that mine isn't to low. Something between the two perhaps (on the front)

DSC05765.jpg

Looks very nice and respectable. Better get it rolling now :) :) :)

Cheers

Nick

with regards to the bar, yeah it is gonna get padded in places but im still trying to find some stuff that doesnt look like pipe insulation and is no stupidly expensive like the fia approved stuff.

my head is not too close to it at the moment but in a knock it could make contact.

Fitted the stick on number plate today, and instantly i hated it, its just not right, not that any number plate is gonna look right but i just really dont like this.

not to mention the fact that when first put on it was smooth as i heated it up a lot, but as it cooled it has gone horrid and wrinkly.

IMG_3482.JPG

back to thinking again, im thinking an offset square plate at the moment.

Fitted the magnecor leads i have had for a while, which are a lot longer than my orion ones, which means i can find a better location for the coil pack. At the same time fitted GT's magic plugs, very impressed by the difference they made even with a static car, car started up way easier and immediatly had to lean the car out a lot, i knew it was running rich but not this rich.