Penny more on fuels tonight...

mattius

One of the reasons that the price is going up is that the big pension and investment companies have stopped investing in the U.S. Dollar. coz it's value has fallen so far, and instead have been investing in oil futures, and guess what that causes...

The largest oil consuming nation is the USA and there have been no refineries built on the west coast since 1967, and guess what that means...

There is lots of oil in the ground, yes really, it has been found, but...it's in Alaska, favoured by tree huggers evereywhere...

and in other places also of special scientific interest, so to speak...

sigh.

I would say that the CEOs of the oil companies, and their cronies are not acting in the national interest, and they they should be usurped, prosecuted and jailed for their actions, and the oil companies nationalized, except that the politicians are every bit as corrupt as those incumbent CEOs

in olden days their behaviour would be classed as traitorous and they would be executed, not such a bad idea.

L

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that the CEOs of the oil companies, and their cronies are not acting in the national interest, and they they should be usurped, prosecuted and jailed for their actions, and the oil companies nationalized, except that the politicians are every bit as corrupt as those incumbent CEOs

in olden days their behaviour would be classed as traitorous and they would be executed, not such a bad idea.

L

http://iicas.org/2004en/07_08_an_en.htm

I am afraid they tried all you advised in Russia, except Khordokovsky is knitting woollen mittens in Mongolia, and they try to knacker Shell and now BP as partners.

Rosneft is one of the biggest oil producers in the world and the most indebted after swallowing Yukos.

It is run "in the national interest", or more like "in Putin's interest", by a close FSB (KGB) friend of his

Igor Sechin who dismembered and "bankrupted" Yukos on trumped up tax claims.

I'm not in favour of executing oil company bosses on that basis, if you let them start they'll soon be after foreigners like me... ::)

Some twat in Gazprom is looking for a self fulfilling prophecy of doom today.

250$ a barrel by December 2009  ??)

And guess who the president of Gazprom was until a few months ago .....Dmitry Medvedev, a yes-man about as convincing and independent as let me think now..

.......Gerhard Schroeder?  ;D

Now I wonder who pays his salary?

Imagine if the UK had left all that oil and gas in the ground, and gone nuclear in 1970 like France, when they had the chance....?

Sure as anything wouldn't have Brown SH...T all over Britain , a country with no manufacturers, the most expensive gas in the EU, knackered hospitals and trains that never run on time.

everyone needs fuel to live, the effect it will have though is to drive down the price of everything else in our economy.

fuel price increase = increased food production costs

increased transportation costs

increased retailing costs

increased final price to customer

combine that with increased cost to the customer to get to said food retailer, you will see a lot more smaller buisnesses going out of buisness, hence more unemployed, hence taxes will increase to cope with the increased unemployed.

you could go on and on. Unfortunatly the situation isnt going to improve with the mamoth demands from china and india for fuel levels that the uk couldnt even comprehend using in a year it is just pushing the price up and up.

The soloution, nationalise the uk oil and gas industries, it is the only way to be selfish and ensure that the uk's interests are served first before overseas. I find it very interesting though that most of are fuel is imported, yet most of the fuel we produce is exported.

And dont get me started on the stupid twats reading in the paper that there is gonna be a shortage and filling their cars with 3.50 worth of fuel!!! where is the need, panic buying will cause the price to increase even more. We sold twice the amount of petrol we usually did yesterday, i had to ring up and get a tanker up. IT IS ONLY SHELL DRIVERS FFS, i just pick up the phone and have a tanker there in 6hours there isnt a shortage.

Here in the US the Wankers in SUV's and Pickups are getting a wake up call!  There was an editorial cartoon a few days ago where a petrol station selling at $1.20 a quart had all of the business from an adjacent station selling at $4.00 a gallon.  I saw the humour and reflected upon when you starting selling in Liters.  My compatriots at the lunch table couldn't comprehend...yet! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm,

Haven't bought any fossil fuel for several weeks as the Audi is learning to like bio.  New kind of forecourt experience rolling up to a single pump outside a scruffy industrial unit in the depths of Devon.  Very sticky floor and the dog (big Husky) is on hand to deal with any contractual issues...

Oh, and they take used chip oil in PX ;D

Not sure the car much likes the taste but the exhaust smells better  :P

Nick

i watched a program somewhere where they used curry oil and the car exhaust fumes smealt of curry! i like that, there used to be an additive for nitro rc cars which gave their exhaust a cherry smell, was funky stuff but messed up the chambers.

I just watch it out of the window going by, 100s & 100s of them....each train, every day in an undending stream from Siberia to the Baltic and on, transoil, lukoil, rosneft leased to rich leasing companies.

66 oil wagons at a time.

You can tell when they're full , the springs are squashed nearly flat, going back they're bouncing up & down on top of them.

Brilliant bogies they have on them, a one piece steel forging made somewhere in Siberia

(I guess cos Russian railways trains have a different gauge size from western Europe).

This is unimaginable wealth going by at 135$ a barrel, and it went under the British government's noses at $20-$30 a barrel for 20 years & totally WASTED! ::)

There's something very f*****g strange going on here.

Petrol and diesel in Lochgilphead and Inverness cheaper than petrol and diesel in Edinburgh. If somebody tried to tell me this I'd say they were a f******g liar but I've just seen with my own eyes.

Filled up (the Land Rover on diesel) in Inverness on Thursday and Lochgilphead on Saturday for 1p and 2p cheaper respectively than my usual Shell garage in Edinburgh today.

Normally it's at least 3p to 4p more expensive in Inverness and 6p to 7p more expensive in Lochgilphead. What the f***k is going on... >:( ??)

Well it's easier for the garages to try it on - everyone expects the price to be going up and can't keep track of what the real figure should be as it changes almost weekly, so they can add a few pence here and there without people noticing like they would usually.

They reckon now that petrol is going to hit £2.00 per litre. Watch the country nosedive into recession then.

Loads of big capacity modern cars will become practically worthless overnight.

people won't be able to change them for more efficient ones cause they won't be able to take the hit on their current car.

£2.00 a litre ... it's the end of the world as we know it.