• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Recent Posts

• Hello Again                   Just realised are these your new tyres? in which case 19thweek 2024 nice and new
    • Hello         I thing its 47week of 2019           Not 19th week of 2024 would almost brand new Roger
    • I think I would be hoping the date code was 1924! Maybe worthwhile contacting the manufacturer?
    • Hello All               I have decided to buy 2 more solar panels they are the Bi-Facial type and rated at 445watts + The reason is I want to get as far away from Generator running as I can as I have to buy 500lts min which would last a long time so I thought more panels with the money? It was a bit prompted by finding this old invoice!!! (that was a Big investment back then??) Solar panels are so Cheap and Good now better output and last longer These are the ones I have ordered and as they are mounted on trackers(one broken) they should get power from the back face and the one will be over a shiny tin roof DAS Solar 445WP Black Pro N-type Bifacial PV Module - DAS-DH108ND-445 This is the eye watering invoice!! Roger ps as you can see they were only 75w and 12volt the new ones 445w+ and 30+ volt
    • And another question - confused.com here! Anyone seen this before? I appear to have two DOT Code stamps, which is a new one on me!  I'm gonna default to the mid Nov 2019 stamp, unless someone can advise otherwise?
    • I find the stuff is invaluable for spot repairs when spraying. Doesn't take long to go off, and unlike celly stopper it doesn't "roll" out of the repair when you flat it back. Nor does it sink once dry.  A credit card is the ideal applicator, nice thin layers. 
    • I can't say that I have, Clive. 2 tubes winging my way as we speak however, I'm not short of touch-ups on the old lass!
    • Phil, have you tried acrylic stopper? Super fine, 1K so just air dries but must be put on thin. Ideal for these sorts of touch-ups. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404746231433
    • Hello Phil                 If you go to the 175's the manifold is a Chris Witor modified one for better gas flow!  I was lucky because the one for the 150's is also the same Roger
    • Well, I was going through the parts boxes I brought back from Nuala's, turns out I already own a set of HS6 carbs and manifold, so I have that in hand if I go down that particular route. I'm not sure, but I also have various of Alan's carbs etc, although they are Stromberg's. Still waiting for tyres to arrive, they are coming from Europe so bloody Brexit is having its effect. First parcel arrives today (although it's a DPD delivery so I'll not hold my breath). Made a start tarting up the rims for the winter tyres, quick clean/degreaser then a spray with a silver wheel paint. Nothing fancy, essentially a mutton in lambs clothing job  Before. After. I have also made a start on the various bonnet blemishes. These had been repaired from the inside, so a good attack with a paint stripping disc (the honeycomb style) I quickly got back to decent metal! Then the mist came in, so stopped after applying a rust converter. A tad too much pressure in the middle, started getting warm! The RH one is the worst offender, I guess a piece of metal has been welded in underneath but the original damage left in place. It's ground flat, so a good dosing with rust converter and some filler should suffice, I hope. I'll be honest, bodywork is not really my thing, so kinda winging it here 
  • Topics