Spitfire Front Shock absorbers

Daft pricing indeed.
I use 3/8 spacers bought a decade (or two) ago for a sensible price.
(GT6 with 330lb lowered springs - can't remember the Triumphtune No. but could look it up....)

...I'd be tempted to buy a singular 7/8 spacer and split it: to make 2 x 3/8"
roughly quarter of the price of 2 x 3/8"

Hello All 

I went out for a run today with 2 TR6's

So a meet for a cupps and a Spirited run to the Breafast stop (a bit of red mist as No Memsahib to please?)

Then a run into Wales on some nice roads and view the source of the Teme and passed the source of th Mule!

Then a look at the Knuclas Viaduct and comfort stop in Knighton then on to Shobdon Airfield for Tiffin !

Then they it is early so another spirited drive to a foavorite cafe for more tiffin!

Spitty seems ok on the New Shock Absorbers(not that I know what I am lookig for !) but the gap over front and back wheels is as near as dam it 50mm on all so I am happy to leave it at that and 3 clicks on the dampers

I recon Spitty is not far short of power to ratio as the 6's  as she weighs so much less and I recon she is probably giving 90 + bhp but there extra 2 cylinders help!

But I have the last laugh as today I recon I got about 43 to 45 MPG with spirited driving:biggrin::banana:as compared to 30ish on a Very good day

I took the laptop with me today and was going to do an Autotune but I think it is good enough now ? with more gentale driving with Memsahib on board we could be close to the 50MPG again!

DSC05461.JPG

DSC05464.JPG

DSC05467.JPG

DSC05469.JPG

DSC05470.JPG

DSC05471.JPG

DSC05472.JPG

• Like 1

Hello All 

Here I am again having drunk a bit of Vino

as you can see from the one photo I think she sits about right

So Spain in 3 weeks Wednesday ? Half of me is terrified and the other half is looking forward to it and seeing new sites and meeting nice people again and using a car that both worries me and gives so much pleasure to this Old Man !

I will try and do a better blog(I know the kids speak!) than I did for India (I will put more photos up to get you to do the same or similar(its only money and you know the rest?)

We will have the upsets but the make ups get over it!

A mate lent me a book on Castles etc in Spain yesterday and I thought great the Bloody thing is all in Spainish I only know the words for wine ,coffee ,toilet and a few others?

Roger

ps I Know I put a lot of photos up but it is to on the one hand to brag and on the other hand to say go for it if a 77.5 year old and a bit less Memsahib(being careful?) can do it what is your excuse other than money?

DSC09924.JPG

DSC09930.JPG

DSC09940.JPG

On 5/15/2023 at 12:42 AM, rogerguzzi said:

Here I am again having drunk a bit of Vino

I must say Roger you make retirement sound very appealing! I just to sort out that pesky pension business and then i'll use your example as inspiration...!