TR4A project in Esbjerg

Hello fellow Triumph freaks,

I’ve been lurking for years with the occasional comment but here goes with my first ever thread!

I bought my TR4A on ebay in 2003, so this has been a long-term project. In my defence, I did get rather distracted with an obsession with early Spitfires, which lasted more than a decade, until I finally realised that I don’t really fit in them - actually I look a bit like Noddy in his car, trying to decide whether to look over the windscreen or through it.....

Anyway, now I have a car I can fit in and am on the third attempt to restore this one - this latest effort inspired by having sold all of my other cars, discovering that all those boxes of tat I had been hoarding for years were worth quite a lot and by moving into a house with an actual garage.

I didn’t get as far as removing the bodyshell or the engine from the chassis, but apat from that, just about everything has been refurbished. After months of trying to find a reputable painter at a decent cost in Denmark (too many b/s artists or dreamers, unfortunately), I decided to do the painting myself. Well, let’s see how that goes, but here are a few photos of progress so far.

Nick and Morten - if you see this, I have a few Spitfire panels going free to a good home (if you are thinking of building another one) - no rush to collect, though I need rid by Jan/Feb next year.

9F4F66C4-4A08-44EA-BC91-60A2BBE1C68B.jpeg

553C06B0-192F-4E5E-ADCE-2AAC138ABF47.jpeg

13BA0E23-5862-4280-9969-DAE7A311ABC8.jpeg

F0DFAE12-7EF8-415D-97CF-6DA4B7B3D8A7.jpeg

EEE84B64-03DE-4B42-940E-8E8CEBA07959.jpeg

09B0B980-CAFF-4CF6-BFC8-C2215D902744.jpeg

DA29962D-70E3-4339-ACA3-C17297BF240B.jpeg

Hi Nick

thank you for the feedback - it looks ok from a distance, you can only see the flaws when your nose is centimetres away ; )

I’m using cellulose for the sake of both my health and patience - it’s easy to fix if you fup it up (or rather, when....).

The colour is Wedgewood Blue, not everyone’s taste, I know but it’s the original colour and it’s grown on me. I’ve also discovered that it needs to be mixed really well if you want to avoid colour mismatch between panels : (

Looking good!

Could be interested in the panels you mention, but don't know when I will be able to pick them up though.
Painters in Denmark only works for insurance companies and the rest are just there for your money...