Car diversity - a good thing?

Agreed, a great pic of your Range Rover, Chris!  :banana:

Tim, your Landy is positively modern!!!  When you started this thread, from your description, I was imagining something rather more old and tired!  I think you have got a peach there.  I'm amazed that the MOD parted with a Landy after only 13 years service.  

All you have to remember now is not to put petrol in it! :ermm:   

Vicky.x

On 1/6/2018 at 9:29 PM, Nick Jones said:

Ye gods........ didn't that used to be Noddys?

I can see I'm not going to win this.  The family Arosa 1.7SDI (s is for slow) has 60 short legged, normally aspirated ponies but can manage 85 in favourable conditions.

Nick

Hello Nick

Joint ownership with Big Ears (lets not start on muffin the mule!) I have an original one!(mule that is!)will post a photo sometime.

I have spoke to my mate who owns it and I think he said it had a whole 8 BHP!!!!!!!!!!!! he was upset when I said I thought it was about 3/5bhp!

So we might not win after all?

Roger

12 hours ago, TR3tim said:

Super trials pic, Chris. A proper early Rangie - rather quicker than the LR... Those wheel arches not standard, then? : )

Tim.

Thanks for the kind words, I really like your new Landy too!

The wheel arches are not as radical as you might think.  The standard RR wheel arch has about a two inch strip of flat metal all round and then a sculpted return.  I simply cut that back about 1.75 inches and then folded the remaining 0.25 inch back to form a new lip.  The sculpted return gave a new crisp edge.  The suspension has a 2 inch lift which provides the remaining clearance. The pictures below show the wheel arch and how much the back end was shortened.

Ironically, I built 'CYD' in the late 90's because I always wanted a 90/Defender but couldn't afford one, whereas old 2 door Rangies were 'cheap as chips'.

5a556adc1819c_WrecksToRiches4002.thumb.jpg.5d746d7d2e8d82de45a87bdd18f59ce4.jpg5a556a918d232_WrecksToRiches9004.thumb.jpg.47c15a764ed5002f38e34e8d3cc1daa7.jpg

On 09/01/2018 at 11:37 PM, Sidescreen Vicky said:

All you have to remember now is not to put petrol in it! :ermm:   

Vicky.x

I know, Vicky - the sort of thing l can imagine myself easily doing in a distracted moment! 

Tim.