Jango’s rear end kit

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this project is amazing, its exactly how it should have been, but a little bit prettier.

i have to ask, is this a racing mod, or is it intended for road use? i.e. will it make the rear end too stiff to handle the lumps and bumps of british roads?

i would like to do something similar, and although i have have looked at many different ways to do it, this is the first one i have seen which has passed my standards of asthetics!

would you mind if i was a bit cheeky and asked how much this costs and who is doing the work for you?

cheers

Its for both road and track days racing etc, you alter the ride and all the angles etc, if you would like one of these set ups we are looking for a fouth car to test we have 2 more after this one to try.

i would like to do something similar, and although i have have looked at many different ways to do it, this is the first one i have seen which has passed my standards of asthetics!

cheers

Not convienced on the bolting method on the main chassis rails - do you provide a jig to ensure that when the main chassis rails are cut and the flanges welded on everything striaght?

Still think the angle of propshaft flange/diff is wrong - I did exaclty the same on my install 3 years ago - installed it and then had to modify it.

Also if you provide this as a kit - you are relient on other peoples welding skills - thats scary

Not convienced on the bolting method on the main chassis rails - do you provide a jig to ensure that when the main chassis rails are cut and the flanges welded on everything striaght?

Still think the angle of propshaft flange/diff is wrong - I did exaclty the same on my install 3 years ago - installed it and then had to modify it.

Also if you provide this as a kit - you are relient on other peoples welding skills - thats scary

We have a jig for this and everything as been worked out and it will not be a kit that we sell but we will do all the fitting due to other peoples ability of f*ucking things up lol.

We have a jig for this and everything as been worked out and it will not be a kit that we sell but we will do all the fitting due to other peoples ability of f*ucking things up lol.

phhheww - thats good - agree on the f*cking up bit - just that I've seen some of the welding that goes on

Looks like you've sorted the whole package, and certainly if you were racing and had the budget for 2 setups, what a way to be able to change setup for different tracks - i.e long/short ratio diffs - potential for changing setup between practice and race

Good luck with it and hope to see you out on the track sometime  ;D

(

i think anyone who wished to use this setup for competition/racing would need to check the relevant Tech Regs. It is very impressive though. i too worry about bolting up the flange to chassis, is this sleeved in any way, or just reliant on the bolts?

Yeah fair comment - however if you were running 300 - 400 horse using a non standard engine gearbox - don't think that would matter much as you would already be outclassed  :'( :'( :'(

Seriously though, something I never thought about when I mod'd my chassis - wish I had built a completely new redesigned one now!!!

Infact if I bend it then I will, as chassis flex is scary scary

i think anyone who wished to use this setup for competition/racing would need to check the relevant Tech Regs. It is very impressive though. i too worry about bolting up the flange to chassis, is this sleeved in any way, or just reliant on the bolts?

There is a plate welded to the chassis that the rear bolts to, plus it is also fixed to the tub as well.

S'looking awesome Jango! The only question is where you want to go next!

It's just a shame about all that weight you're lugging up front - there'll be no keeping up with a lightweight stripped out Spitty! (c00 d00d)

space frame tubular chassis and binning the 300 horse unit for a 450 horse unit - thats where I'm heading - think that might be next winters project now as its all is moving too slowly - but now got the spare Volvo lump to start playing with

Jango, have not seen this in the thread anywhere, so I apologise if I am merely being blind....

What is the difference in weight compared to the stock set-up?

Also, I am guessing that this is designed for the Spifire/GT6, what are the chances of this fitting the Herald/Vitesse cars??

Also, you say that you will not be supplying this as a kit, but doing all the fitting yourselves. Does this mean you also source and supply all the mechnical parts as well (diff, driveshafts etc), or will this onus be on the customer??

Cheers,

Phil

Jango, have not seen this in the thread anywhere, so I apologise if I am merely being blind....

What is the difference in weight compared to the stock set-up?

Also, I am guessing that this is designed for the Spifire/GT6, what are the chances of this fitting the Herald/Vitesse cars??

Also, you say that you will not be supplying this as a kit, but doing all the fitting yourselves. Does this mean you also source and supply all the mechnical parts as well (diff, driveshafts etc), or will this onus be on the customer??

Cheers,

Phil

We can get all the other bits like diff brakes etc but we can supply everything its up to the customer and it will also fit herald and the vitesse too.

as for weight diff is not to far off triumph diff for weight and shocks etc but saving weight on getting rid of leaf spring and drums but the frame work adds a little back more then chassis but gt6 could do with weight at the rear to offset the 6 lump.

S'looking awesome Jango! The only question is where you want to go next!

It's just a shame about all that weight you're lugging up front - there'll be no keeping up with a lightweight stripped out Spitty! (c00 d00d)

We will see on the track if u can keep with me lol

Huge advantage I see is superior geometry during suspension movement--nice long virtual swing arms, good kinematic control, proper camber change and little/no bump steer.  Also, even if total mass is comparable or a bit more, the unsprung mass looks as though it's pretty low.

Looking forward to some track data!

Jango you have sorted all of the wink links but what is going to go next?

Body flex you put in a stiff cage

Gearbox you put a supra one in

Diff you put a cosworth one in

Slow engine you have an uprated 180bhp engine that handles all your abuse and never breaks down

So what is going to be the next weak link?

Slow engine you have an uprated 180bhp engine that handles all your abuse and never breaks down

ME

How about inboard pushrod rear end? When we going to find a price on this Jango?