• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Recent Posts

• For the driveshaft adapters I specified EN8 for the ones I had made.  Personally, I would strongly suggest ordering “pucks” in the diameter you want and just 2-3mm over the total thickness you want.  Experience suggests that parting-off has great scope for bad happenings, increasing exponentially with depth of cut!
    • Wow…. How do you find these places?!    Love that row of windmills, caves look stunning, corkscrew collection (subject dear to your heart ), beast of a crossbow (and other less recognisable killing machines?) and just the general landscapes, buildings and bridges. Going to have work have a more serious look at Spain.
    • Looks like a fantastic trip Colin. Thanks for the pics. Looks like great countryside to ride through.
    • Hello John                  What is the steel for ? is it just a door stop or some thing high tech that needs a good grade? Roger
    • RR,  I recognise that!   It's a classification ot a mild steel grade of strength for bolts and other fasteners, based on their yield strength. I was hoping for one from the various national.or International grades, based on carbon or alloying metal content, that influences their workability and use. John
    • 8.8 or higher John, I would go with 12.9 
    • Roger, Yes!  And yes, just a tuning tool, not for engine assembly. RR, So what grade of steel should I use?  Just calling it "chocolate" is no help. John
    • Chocolate steel  then. 
    • Hello Colin                   Looks great but I still think you are all Bonckers! Still I am not much better if at all doing what we do at our age and in an old car?? Still we all only live once in my book so make the most of it however you like!! Roger and the Memsahib ps I could do it on this maybe except for the head and all the gear worn so will stick to Spitty?
    • Hello John                  Is this for just turning it over to set tappets etc? It would not be strong enough to tighten the bolt up if anything like Spitty!! Roger ps I bet you wish you had bought a bigger lather years ago now???
  • Topics