Canley Front Hubs and CLP9037L studs

Greetings Folks,

I finally found some time to do some work on the bits and pieces received from Canley. The front hubs already had the Spitfire studs installed. I successfully pressed those small studs out and, fearing potential damage by using the press to install the CLP9037L studs, I opted to use deep lug nuts to pull the CLP9037L studs into the front hubs.

Problem....

The CLP9037L studs can be pushed out of the front hubs with minimal effort. The rear flange of the CLP9037L studs is a bit bigger than the original Spitfire studs that were received with the Canley hubs causing the CLP9037L studs to not seat all the way into the recesses. I imagine I should gently reduced the diameter of the CLP9037L flange until they do seat all of the way into the  hub recesses.

Question:

Does anybody know if there is a product that would help the stud splines to "grab" the hub splines?

I was considering some Loctite Red 272 which has the strongest "grip" on threads, but I am not sure how (or if) it would work with splines.

Any thoughts/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Jeff

Howdy Roger,

Yes, the number on the individual packages is "CLP9037L" and the base of the stud is tapered from the base of the splines to the edge of the flange (exactly as the picture you provided).

Do you have the Canley aluminum front hubs?

Thanks for the reply!

Jeff

Greetings again,

I might be able countersink them a bit. I had not thought about that option.

The base of the CLP9037L are .035 larger than the small base of the studs installed by Canley (.830 -vs- .865).

Thanks for the idea!

Jeff