Abrupt pick-up on transition closed throttle to open throttle

Hi

since years I have to open the throttle with extreme smoothness, in order to avoid an abrupt impact in the drive-line.

It's actually annoying during sporty driving. And now this aspect hasn't improved after using "quasi-fuel cut-off"

Is there a possibility to smoothen this out with tuner studio? How is this accomplished on modern cars with ITBs?

Patrick

How much ignition timing at the tip-in point? You don’t want too much.

I remember taking out quite a bit of timing in the bottom left corner when first tuning the Vitesse for this exact reason. 

It can also be a flat spot that does this, so the engine isn’t picking up clean. Quite hard to loose via AE I found, so cheated by making the VE map a little richer in that area.

probably too much advance at tip-in, which happens at around 35 ITB-load (watched in the VE table)

I'll have to increase resolution between 20 and 35 ITB-load in the ignition table and reduce advance to 15° at tip-in, while keeping it high at coast down.

Don't think it's a flat spot since the impact in the drive line occurs instantly, once the toe  moves faster than 3 angstrom /s...

Thanks Nick for the advice

Hope to try it out tomorrow

P.S.  I set AE while accelerating from idle. If there was a time delay, after tipping the throttle, I increased AE until  response was instant.

Patrick

1918483545_sparkadv.thumb.jpg.2983d9b08bb583c3f31611b617dd9bdd.jpg

spark advance 0ct22.tiff