Hi From A Newbie (Uk)

Nobby Sideways

Hi, my name is Jon, I already posted elsewhere in the GT6 section but I thought I would post here just to get up to speed!

I'm an aircraft engineer by day, Classic and Motorsport electrician by night, petrolhead by birth.

I lost a leg about 4 years ago so my cars are all modified to allow my to drive them, I don't own an automatic anything, prefer a manual box and hand controls. Daily drive is a nice economical BMW 525d, other cars in the fleet include a Berkeley T60, Triumph GT6 (main project at the moment) and a much thrashed Mazda MX5 that goes out on track about 5 or 6 times a year and usually out to the Nürburgring annually. I spanner on a team racing in the MA5DA championship, we had 5 cars last year, maybe more this year. I'm not an MX5 nut but I do appreciate how much abuse they take for so little effort in maintenance.

This is me at Brands hatch early in December, lots of fun but a bit greasy. Some interesting cars were out. I don't imagine many will watch it at 12 minutes long but if you get bored there it is! It shows how I operate the hand controls if nothing else.

I will not try and force my business on anyone but it was mentioned in the forum rules that I can post a link to my site for the moderators interest, please feel free to delete it if you think its not suitable. I will not try to advertise it in any way other than here and now! http://www.spearmint-tech.co.uk/

You chaps seem to be very like minded to me, I'm looking forwards to participating in the forum.

Many thanks,

Jon.