Martin's Spitfire

yeap your right indicator to the center of the car sidelight to the outside.

this having to work for a living is a pain in the ass isnt it. Taken the covers off the spit once this month! not helped by the weather and still roofless.

Gonna be even worse over the next few months, and even worse than that at the moment looks like i wont be going to spa!  :'( i've been planning that for a year but have to go away for training on Liquid Petroleum Gas.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Massive Thank you to charlieb for sending me the inside cards for the seats. I have finally managed to finish the seats and mount them.

Things have been very very slack. Spent far to much time on the BMW. It just seems like each day I'm off I end up doing something. My girlfriend crashed her car in Feb (on a icey hill) so I been sorting that out. I work 4 days and get 4 off so I spend 2 days doing that. + Social and + BMW leaves little for the Spitfire. :-( Needs more effort and love.

unhappy480.jpg

The 480 is stripped now and awaiting welding of new sill and re-painting.

Changed a load of stuff for it. See http://volvo480.dragons.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17636

19032009074.jpg

19032009075.jpg

19032009076.jpg

19032009077.jpg

19032009078.jpg

19032009079.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I been working hard! The MOT is on Monday!!!!!!! It's taken almost 2.5years to sort out or 3 girlfriends..... Talking of girlfriends I dumped her as she was simply taking the piss out of me getting her 480 fixed. Almost near the end of the build (480) she decided to fook me about so I told her to finish it. Anyways........... Back to my Spitfire.....

Doors are back on and the hood attache, Had issues with the gearbox staying in gear so I replaced the springs that hold it. I got refurbishment cosmics alloys (not on)

Fixed the steering rack issue also.

b662hw.jpg

egqzyq.jpg

24mxahc.jpg

6e3rld.jpg

Wish me luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all.

I forgot to tighten the locking nut on the track rod arm.

Also I fixed the over steering using a pipe cut down and pushed onto the steering rack. See pic

BUT  Today first drive to work and it miss fires all over the place. The rotor arm is cracked! Replaced and still the same. Could it be the condensor?? Dad's going to replace that later.

Well pissed off as I ended up very late and in a astra!  :-(

• 7 months later...
Seen + 0.060 shells.

Already 20thou is no basis for a performance engine.

You want 10-20thou max.

Be needing to clean everything.

What do you mean 'Already 20thou is no basis for a performance engine.'  ? Sorry but is 20 thou + a lot of metal to remove?

Thanks guys, Rebuild was done on the car and after getting the carbs setup it went very well! Quick indeed but when driving down the A3 it died.

Enjoy the pictures! Found a bit of flimsy tin in the sump.

5dovmt.jpg

161lx6d.jpg

b3rfx3.jpg

2jev12v.jpg

2mfynix.jpg

2ivkzuv.jpg

zufiw0.jpg

243ivcw.jpg

uvvr8.jpg

24wd69z.jpg

okoflu.jpg

Spot the crappy exhaust gasket? is there a fix?