Craig's GT6 MK3 in Aus.

7 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Quite literally, the first time I’ve used a spanner on a triumph since 2017.  I even remembered how to swear properly.

Ok..... I'll hold my peace...... that's quite a gap though.  The swearing is just...... well, it comes natural like.

7 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

More to come...

Your public awaits with bated breath..... :thumbsup:

• 10 months later...

Bump…….

Just been re-reading this……. Provoked by a recent comment on Hamish’s thread :ninja:

The other thing that’s struck me is that  rather a lot of the the cast of characters are missing….. where’s Nick, where’s James (Pomwah), where’s Andy T…..? To name just a few…..:blink:

On 2/10/2022 at 11:13 PM, Nick Jones said:

Bump…….

Just been re-reading this……. Provoked by a recent comment on Hamish’s thread :ninja:

The other thing that’s struck me is that  rather a lot of the the cast of characters are missing….. where’s Nick, where’s James (Pomwah), where’s Andy T…..? To name just a few…..:blink:

Aye...

• 8 months later...
On 2/11/2022 at 9:13 AM, Nick Jones said:

Bump…….

This Nick? Just finished a four-round trip interstate move, from New South Wales to Queensland (Kingsland?). My 13/60 is on a ship back to NZ, where I've bought a block of land and built a garage. In ten years or so I'll retire there.

My GT6 didn't get much done to it while I was living in NSW. It got dropped off a tilt-tray during the move south, and after I'd had the chassis straightened it thanked me by munching a Supra gearbox bearing. I pushed it into my garage and left it, partly because the garage had a grave floor and I couldn't be arsed pulling the engine out with a crane sinking into the gravel, and partly because I'd bought a faster Triumph.

But, when the time came to trailer it up to Queensland, I poured in some fresh petrol, installed a new battery, and it started right up. Mackay, where I'm living now, has a thriving classic car scene, which is good motivation to pull the engine and gearbox out, fix it, and finally get the car road-legal.

I'll dig up my old thread rather than mess up Craig's.

IMG_E8273.thumb.JPG.d5ae1060ec8bed611d5e925f191a1d42.JPG

On the move up. Each leg was about 1200km, and I did four round trips with trailers. This was the last one!

IMG_8296.thumb.JPG.2add067ea9052dc4a7089aef0885e46b.JPG

In its new home. Much nicerer than the last one.

Edited by GT6 Nick
  • Like 1

Yes, you were certainly on my missing list, though iirc you have popped up a couple of times. Good to hear from you anyway :smile:

I know Andy T is alive and should be seeing him in a week or so when we are briefly in Perth. Not going to Queensland this time so you are safe!

Be good to see your GT6 thread updated. Not so good to hear your W58 is giving trouble. Mine soldiers on, though does show some signs of age and use.