Choppers out lads !

Smallfry

I see wee Willy Windsor has had yet another jolly jaunt in the company chopper.

Lands it his birds' garden more or less...............the one he's NOT seeing. What Ho !

Last weekend it was to go to a stag party on the IOW. Hope he wasn't pissed when he brought it back !

Don't worry though lads, if you need some proper boots or some body armour, go and buy your own. The MOD is out of cash !

Another waste of space like his mother, father, and brother in law.

I AM a nationalist AND a royalist, but this is just taking the piss.

actually i knew a few raf boys and it was pretty much common practice, i dont agree with it for him to just use it as his taxi service but for the actuall serving boys to once in a blue moon do a flypast over their own house or land in the field next to i have no problems, if it boosts their morrale then fair enough. The armed forces in this country are underpaid, understaffed and under supplied with their basic needs, its a c*** of a job in those conditions and if a jovial flight here and there cheers them up then fair enough crack on boys.

One of my friends is a marine, ( well he's leaving next month ) he's served for 10 years, do you know he has to buy his own boots! the ones the mod supply fall appart, he has to supply his own knife cause the mod ones snap, he has his own goggles cause the mod ones cant cope in sand storms. WTF these are the best of the best, the marines are supposed to be the pinnacle, he said morale is shit most of the time and its wee things like the amarillo video which boosts morale yet gets slated in the papers as wasting money!!!! The papers need to get a grip and start supporting our boys and girls out there and helping to boost their morrale.

Nah I disagree. Hes just got his wings and probably need to hour build just like every other trainee pilot in the world. I've done tonnes of hours of just getting in the plane and flying for hours just to get more hours under my belt.

And as for 'using our money' and 'waste of space'! I don't know where to begin on that. You only have to look at the number of tourists outside buckingham palace to realise that they must bring way more cash into the country than they cost the taxpayer! The royal family is a massive tourist attraction and those tourists must spend billions on hotels, food, transport, shopping etc and keep thousands of people in jobs. Compare the amount we spend on them to the amount they bring in to the country and the royal family are a bargain!

actually i knew a few raf boys and it was pretty much common practice, i dont agree with it for him to just use it as his taxi service but for the actuall serving boys to once in a blue moon do a flypast over their own house or land in the field next to i have no problems, if it boosts their morrale then fair enough. The armed forces in this country are underpaid, understaffed and under supplied with their basic needs, its a c*** of a job in those conditions and if a jovial flight here and there cheers them up then fair enough crack on boys.

One of my friends is a marine, ( well he's leaving next month ) he's served for 10 years, do you know he has to buy his own boots! the ones the mod supply fall appart, he has to supply his own knife cause the mod ones snap, he has his own goggles cause the mod ones cant cope in sand storms. WTF these are the best of the best, the marines are supposed to be the pinnacle, he said morale is shit most of the time and its wee things like the amarillo video which boosts morale yet gets slated in the papers as wasting money!!!! The papers need to get a grip and start supporting our boys and girls out there and helping to boost their morrale.

Completely agree with you Matt, on all points :).

If it were me, I would be geting my big chopper out at every opportunity! ;D