Untimely passing

Mother Teresa

Just wanted to record my pointless observation about the sad recent passing of someone I knew.

I met a guy last year who was one of those people that you know is cut from quality stock. Hard as nails and tough as they come. Shake his hand and you know it- no limp wet affair, or small dicked hand crush- just fit for purpose. He built his own house in Spain- brick by brick. When all the ex-pats were in a tiz over whether their new builds were legal or not, he merely stated that if turned out his legal assurrences turned out to be fiction, he was going to hire a JCB and knock down the house of the Spanish lawyer! :D He wasn't joking. He said his wife would have to wait whilst he did time, but she'd understand :D!!!

Really lovely guy who made a big impression on me. Former Miner, Jailed during the Strike and a pleasure to be in his company. Played guitar and sang for him with my Brother- happy memories :).

Sadly, he suffered a massive aneurysm and passed away suddenly and without warning 9 weeks ago.

I stayed with his wife in Spain a few weeks back and me and my brother sang songs and played guitar in his memory there. Then his wife asked us to finish his whiskey, as he would have loved to have been there and could think of no-one that he would have enjoyed drinking it more with.

What a sad affair. So many Mugabe's and feckless Tossers, seems a little unfair he should be gone so soon and miss out on his Grand children >:(.

Apologies for being maudling.

I'm glad you drank his whiskey and sang his songs.  He'd of liked that.

The fitting memorial will be to live your life honouring his values such that a standup guy like that would be proud of you.  There's a worthy task for us all...

I understand how you feel. At Bea's funeral we all felt her absence, then gradually we could hear her cheery voice urging us to be happy and enjoy another drink, the only party she missed...................apart from her spirit which was there all the time.